Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Oy!! He is a grandpa.....and he is my age!

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin, who is my age, got his girlfriend pregnant in high school.  I want to say he was 14 or 15 years old.  Well....now his own daughter just had a baby.   I can't believe he is a grandpa.  We are 36 years old.  CRAZY!!!!

I just hope that I'm not a grandmother until I'm at least 55 years old. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Replies (371-377):
Bookoholic
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

My mom became a grandma at 44, her yongest at the time was 10. She started having kids at 20.

MonkeysGrammy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I got married when I was 16 because my hubs joined the service and was getting sent to Germany. It was either marry him and go for 3 yrs. or let him go for 2 yrs withouth me. I went:) I had my oldest when I had just turned 18. At 17 he told me his girlfriend was pregnant. My dear sweet Monkey was born right  after my 36th birthday. My only issue was Grandma sounded to old to me so I am Grammy & my hubs (yes the same guy! In May we will be married 22 yrs!) is Grampy. And we go over to "steal" her every chance we get!!!

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

funnymommy71
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Funny, I am 40 and have a 4 and 10 yr old.  BFF was 38 and a Grandma- (had her baby at 19).  Very different and equally difficult lives/ different choices, but still fun!  She will be around a LONG time with her grands........ me?  

Babygurl5412
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM

how old was daughter?

momma_bear476
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:07 AM
My oldest daughter is older than my youngest brother...he thinks its freaky his niece is bigger than him hehe

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

At least grandpa will be around for a LOOONG time to come to have fun with his grandkids. And have the energy to be the coolest grandpa around.

I don't know how much energy he will have since his wife is having a baby any day now too. hahaha.

LOL- He will be a tired grandpa.  That is pretty funny having a grandchild and child close in age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Falnangl1306
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Ha ha!! My MIL is turning 40 this year and has 3 grandchildren!! In my previous relationship, I had my son at 20. When I got with her son, we had our daughter who is now 19 months. Her daughter, who is now 20, had her daughter a year ago!! My MIL had her kids at 16 and 18!!
nursemc
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I'm the same age my mother was when my older sister made her a grandma. It's so weird because as the mother of an 11 and 3 year old, I just can't imagine. My nieces are turning 19 and 20 this year and it's only a matter of time before my mom becomes a greatgrandmother. She's only 54, yikes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)