Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Oy!! He is a grandpa.....and he is my age!

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin, who is my age, got his girlfriend pregnant in high school.  I want to say he was 14 or 15 years old.  Well....now his own daughter just had a baby.   I can't believe he is a grandpa.  We are 36 years old.  CRAZY!!!!

I just hope that I'm not a grandmother until I'm at least 55 years old. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
MicheleJM
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I dated someone who became a grandpa at 42. I am 46. My youngest is 9. We broke up in part because he is almost done raising his kids and I am nowhere close. Maybe I need a 25 year old lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:12 PM

What I feel is crazy is that my father is the same age with birthday's one week from each other as my husband's grandfather.  They are 76.  My husband is 41 and I am 39.

AmyG1976
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM

My mom had me at 17. I had my first at 19, she was too a 36 yr old gma.. I hear ya lol I too am 36 and could not imagine being a grandma no way lol

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 7 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:16 PM

A good friend of mine was a grandma at 34.  It happens.  IMO, becomming a grandparent in your 40's is more normal than in your 30's.

bupkie
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm 40 and can NO WAY imagine being a grandma!  (Don't get me wrong... I LOVE babies.... and will LOVE the day when I do become a grandma - just NOT YET!  Don't ruin my fairytale!  LOL)  My boys are only 10 and 13...   

MAMI2DREWyTATI
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM

how old the daughter? common age is 40 to become a grandparent.

M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Quoting MAMI2DREWyTATI:

how old the daughter? common age is 40 to become a grandparent.

About 20.

The common age is 40?  YIKES!  Well, I guess so...my mom was a grandmother at around 43 I think.  I was almost 28 years old when I had my daughter so my mom was 51 when I had her.

ksbondgirl
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

It happens.  Country singer Loretta Lynn was a grandma at 28.  She had her first child at 14 and that child had her first at 14.

Barabell
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

Holy cow :/ although technically I could be a grandma at that age I Better not be! but my son would be 16 and I was 19 when I had him almost 20

Yeah, same here except my son will be 15 at that age!!

fineyouguyswin
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:56 PM

lol I think it is just as we get older you say it outloud and it sounds way worse.lol

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

Holy cow :/ although technically I could be a grandma at that age I Better not be! but my son would be 16 and I was 19 when I had him almost 20

Yeah, same here except my son will be 15 at that age!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)