Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oy!! He is a grandpa.....and he is my age!

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin, who is my age, got his girlfriend pregnant in high school.  I want to say he was 14 or 15 years old.  Well....now his own daughter just had a baby.   I can't believe he is a grandpa.  We are 36 years old.  CRAZY!!!!

I just hope that I'm not a grandmother until I'm at least 55 years old. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
Wyldbutterfly
by Christine on May. 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM

That is so young! But he's young enough to completely enoy his his grand baby. So I guess there is an upside to this.

Although, I'm with you. I want to be older when I become a grandma!

LucyHarper
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:52 PM

If my stepson has a child at the same age that my husband had him, we will be grandparents at 28. If that child has a child at the same age, we will be great-grandparents at 42.

moogsmom03
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I can imagine... Don't want it to be that way, but it's a possiblility! I was 19 when my DD was born, so yup I could easily be a 36 year old Grandma! Better not be though!!

HadnKmom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

my mom was 44 when i made her a grandma but if my oldest has her child at the same age as i did i could be a grandma by 34...and a great grandmother at 51 if the pattern were to continue....

casanderson1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM
My moms 43 and my son is her first grandchild. I'm 20, and I was 19 when I got pregnant. I'm glad she will be around for a looooong time to watch my son grow up. :)
CafeMom Tickers
HouseKatof2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom was a grandma when she was 37. She was 18 when she had my brother & he was 11 days from being 19 when my niece was born (she will be 21 this June). 

All in all, she was very glad that she wasn't worried about being a grandma at such a young age. My brother has now gone on to have two more kids that will never know my mom (they are 2.5 and just about to turn 1). Mom was reaching the end of her life just as most people are accepting the idea of being comfortably "old enough" to be a grandparent.  

mnmo3bb
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I had my oldest at 18, if she has her first at 18 I will be a grandma by age 36. 

Better than age 24!!

Amy, mother to five beautiful blessings!
"Dani B" (8), "Topher" (7), "Lukie Bob" (4), 
"Bella" (2), 
& Baby "Sammy" Due December 5, 2012!!!!! 
pregnancy calendar 
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things [food & clothing] shall be added unto you.

mrjjmt
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I could potentially be a step grandma at 36. I am 28 and my SD will be 11 this yr. Her mom had her when she was 18 so we will see.

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Umm, that makes YOU grandma too! LOL!

Quoting Mommy4000:

My husband is going to be a Grandpa at 41. And his ex a Grandma at 33. I think it's a little gross that I'm going to be married to a Grandpa when my own kids are not even close to being old enough to make me a Grandma, but I guess that's just what happens when you marry an old man lol.

Knightquester
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom became a grandma at 38 years old because I had my first child at 20 years old; she was 18 when she had me.  My mom is a happy and proud grandma who loves her grandbabies and wouldn't trade her life for anything.

My mom is able to shop and relate to her grandchildren on many levels, and tells me often she's glad she wasn't older when her grandchildren were born or she'd have a hard time keeping up with them, so I guess there are upsides to being a young vibrant grandparent.  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)