Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oy!! He is a grandpa.....and he is my age!

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin, who is my age, got his girlfriend pregnant in high school.  I want to say he was 14 or 15 years old.  Well....now his own daughter just had a baby.   I can't believe he is a grandpa.  We are 36 years old.  CRAZY!!!!

I just hope that I'm not a grandmother until I'm at least 55 years old. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
AmyR13
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:25 AM

my moms a grandma of 3 ..the oldest being 6 (my nephew), then my dd 3 and my ds 8 months..shes 41

(dont belong to this group but seen the post and had to comment) 

IQuitCounting
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what happens when babies have babies.  Word.

Velany
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

my ex MIL was pregnant at the same time her own mother was....my ex's uncle is just six months younger than he is...my ex MIL was 16 when she was pregnant with my ex.

my mom was 48 when my DS was born and i was just barely almost 22.

Mikayla_lynn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Realistically it could happen for me. I had my daughter at 17 so it could happen. I hope it doesn't and my DH and I are going to do everything we can to make sure it doesn't happen. But I think I could handle being a grandma at 43  (DD would be 26)

bowribbonmama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Well, my mom just turned 40 this past September. My oldest is 6, my middle is 4 and my youngest is 17 months almost. That means my mom was a grandma at 34.

MY moms parents are 55 and 56 and have four great grandchildren ranging from 6 years old- 3 months.

southernbelle07
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM

My mom was 16 when she had my sister and I. We were 16 when my sister had her DD. My mom was 32 when she became a grandmother!

southernbelle07
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Also, my grandma was 14 when she had my mom and my mom was, again, 16 when she had us. So, my grandma was 30 years old when she became a grandmother.

My mom was 16 and a mother of twins!

Quoting southernbelle07:

My mom was 16 when she had my sister and I. We were 16 when my sister had her DD. My mom was 32 when she became a grandmother!

mykidmylife
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM

My mom had my older brother at 17 me at 19.  Then I had my first at 19.  So she was a grandma at 38.  I hope my kids wait till much later in life to start having babies.  But unlike my mother I plan to talk to them about the importance and take the propper steps to help prevent them from having babies so young.

TXMOM1006
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:50 AM

My oldest son and my youngest sister are 16 months apart (my son is the younger of the two)...and it's weird...I was 19 when I had him and it has occurred to me that I could be a young grandmother...I'm hoping it's not until I'm at least 50

mattiehatter
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Not surprising these days. DSS is 15 and DSD is almost 12. One of our aquaintances daughter just found out that she is pregnant (16 or 17) and she is not much younger than DH who turns 37 this month. DH said he couldn't imagine if DSS told him that he got his gf pregnant. I just laughed and said yes I couldn't imagine telling someone that I am a grandparent in my 20's.

ETA: My grandmother had just turned 38 when my mother had me at 19.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)