Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Oy!! He is a grandpa.....and he is my age!

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin, who is my age, got his girlfriend pregnant in high school.  I want to say he was 14 or 15 years old.  Well....now his own daughter just had a baby.   I can't believe he is a grandpa.  We are 36 years old.  CRAZY!!!!

I just hope that I'm not a grandmother until I'm at least 55 years old. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
GomezMami2908
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I made my mom a grandma at 37, and my dad was even younger he was 33. I was 18 when I had my daughter. 

Now my parents are 43 & 39 and they are going to become grandparent for the 3rd time this month because I'm expecting another baby. They are excited. They never saw being young grandparents as a bad thing. 

My kids great grandparents are in their 60's, we are a young family I guess :)

MommyGray83
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM

My mom was a grandmother at 38.

There is a possibility, although I really pray and hope it doesn't happen, that I could be a grandmother when I turn 32. That's 4 years from now and my son will be 14 then. My sister had her first at 14, so I know that it happens.

heathermichelle
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:04 AM

My mom was 34 when I had her first grandchild.

Mama2JoshKatie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:16 AM

My Dad was 39 when he first became a Grandpa. I have an Aunt who became a Grandma at 34. It happens.

ragitty
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I hope that isn't me some day. I had ds at 18 and will do everything I can to get him to hold off until he is married and in his mid 20s (which will still make me a young grandma, but that is completely on me--not him)

JasonsMom2007
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:50 AM

My MIL had my SIL when she was 18.  Then my SIL had my nephew when she was 18.  So my MIL was 36 when she became a grandmother.  She had a 1 year old and had another son 2 years later!  it can be really confusing because the nephew is older than the uncle :)

Tinkerbellmama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:55 AM

My mom became a grandma at 30 (my step-sister had her daughter at 17). Genetically she became a grandma at 37 when I had my son. She had me at 18 and I had my son at 19.

jjchick75
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I was 35when my son and his then fiance(now wife) had our granddaughter! I love being grandma and I love my grandbaby!

graycalico
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:11 AM
I went to school with a fourteen year old teen mom. Her mom was a 28 year old grandma. Crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnotherPutra
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I always think that when it comes to young parents as well. You're still going to have more energy to run around with your kids! ;) 

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

At least grandpa will be around for a LOOONG time to come to have fun with his grandkids. And have the energy to be the coolest grandpa around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)