Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Is your family Storm Ready??

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:06 PM
  • 15 Replies

I know all across the country the weather has been a little off lately. While here in West Texas severe storms are not a big deal reading my facebook I see many other parents don't have a CLUE what to do when I storm hits. Does your family have a storm plan?? Do you know what to do in case of a tornado??

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustRHon
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I live in Southwest VA where we don't really have to worry about storms either. A couple summers ago we were visiting my aunt in Florida right near the beginning of hurricane season and I stayed terrified for the whole week. She has great plans in place and went over them with us but it was still scary.
fineyouguyswin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Quoting JustRHon:

I live in Southwest VA where we don't really have to worry about storms either. A couple summers ago we were visiting my aunt in Florida right near the beginning of hurricane season and I stayed terrified for the whole week. She has great plans in place and went over them with us but it was still scary.

lately it seems like storms cannot be trusted! lol Even places that have never had tornados are having them. I've always been fascinated by them so when we moved here I wasn't to scared. We have friends in Kentucky who paniced when one came close.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

My husband is from Nebraska so he is always prepared when it comes to storms.

Water_geM
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

i live in far west texas...we dont have tornados...amd we welcome large rainstorms...

our storm plan is pray it lasts more than 15 minutes.

mandarose
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM
I grew up in AR so I am very storm ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM

lmao where about?? We are in Levelland so I here ya my friend called me crazy because I was standing outside while it was hailing recording it.

Quoting Water_geM:

i live in far west texas...we dont have tornados...amd we welcome large rainstorms...

fineyouguyswin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I love that people are prepared :O)

styler7
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I'm originally from MI so I'm prepared for snow storms..lol.
Living in TX, that doesn't really help ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Water_geM
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:49 AM

el paso...

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

lmao where about?? We are in Levelland so I here ya my friend called me crazy because I was standing outside while it was hailing recording it.

Quoting Water_geM:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Wyldbutterfly
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:42 AM

I live in WNY where we don't really have to deal with Tornado's and such. We all know to head to our basement in case of a Tornado. We have candle in case our power goes out. We are also looking in to a generator for such cases. But that's about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)