Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Is your family Storm Ready??

I know all across the country the weather has been a little off lately. While here in West Texas severe storms are not a big deal reading my facebook I see many other parents don't have a CLUE what to do when I storm hits. Does your family have a storm plan?? Do you know what to do in case of a tornado??

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Replies (11-15):
auroragold
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:52 AM

we are blizzard and hurricane prepared (as is applicable for our area)

Barabell
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM

We head to the basement if the sirens go off for a tornado.

If we see a blizzard warning, I make sure we're stocked up on supplies. But blizzards don't really shut down our area. The winter before last, we had three blizzards, and life went on as normal--well, plus a ton of shoveling.

mariC67
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I live in so fl so hurricane supplies and plan are a fact of life, but I also live in a mobile home so if a tornado pops up, which they do from time to time, we are pretty much SOL ... the plan is go to the center of the house and pray. Luckily the tornados that do happen here are usually not any bigger than F1 and we've never had a direct hit but did have some wind damage to out buildings.

kmrtigger
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:53 PM

No, we are not as prepared as we should be.

SuperLooneyMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Here in the bay area of ca we are seeing more funnel systems than normal . A month or so ago we had one in the valley near stockon. Scary stuff. But no we aren prepared for it. And we have to work of earthquake preparedness also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN