Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, that says May! Post away lovely ladies.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Replies (61-70):
fineyouguyswin
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM

My knee is still sore from this weekend :/ I hate that it is the joint not the muscle so all I can do is rest it.

fineyouguyswin
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Anyone have a cleaning fairy I can borrow *sigh*

psych_mom
by Stacy on May. 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM

My head is thumping like crazy. I am so over these stupid migraines. Seriously every day in a row is more than ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psych_mom
by Stacy on May. 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I can't write research papers like this... I'll do it tomorrow because of my headache- tomorrow comes and it is the same thing and then the next day. How am I suppose to do anything if I have to keep dealing with this?

psych_mom
by Stacy on May. 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I AM JUST OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodwoman614
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Hope I remember to cancel the damn paper tomorrow...
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

I am loving this weather we are having. Made the weekend so much nicer.

We had a lot of rain and humidity this past weekednd. Glad your weather was nicer.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Quoting styler7:

Looked at mosquito zappers today.
One said, "electrocutes all flying insects and they fall harmlessly to the ground!"

Does it really matter how they fall..lol? Harmlessly yet dead by electrocution?
I thought that was funny ;)

That is funny!

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

Quoting psych_mom:

and seriously, can't you give your kid some tylenol and wait until the doctor opens at 9:00 AM like the rest of us?

Sorry, but I have taken my oldest a few times over his ear aches(infections). He never complains or lets us know he is having them until it is too extreme and pain medicines do nothing to help. He has had 4 sets of tubes put in, and is going in again this month for his 5th set. He has very bad fluid buildup. But I do try the pain medicine before making the decision to go, and after making an appointment with his doctor(who is always booked for wks).

Has he had his adenoids or tonsils removed? My son had horrible fluid build up that went away instantly after his adenoids were removed.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

You are legally entitled to take your kids to the doctor, but I know some employers pressure otherwise.

Personally, we try urgent care and minute clinics if possible before going to the ER.

You can misuse the ER by using it for non-emergencies because it costs the medical system a lot more than taking your child to the doctor. If you have an employer based healthcare plan, then you actually end up costing the employer more by raising the insurance premiums by NOT taking the time off work to take your child to the doctor during the day.

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

Not everyone can afford to take off a day of work to go to the doctor. And how can you misuse the ER?

Quoting kmrtigger:

That irks me when people misuse the ER. I know a person that is ALWAYS going to the ER 3-4 if not more times a month. And she does it to avoid having to take a day off work to make an appointment for the kids or herself. Pretty selfish if you ask me.

Quoting psych_mom:

I can't believe that people actually run to ER over the smallest thing. When did an ear ache become an emergency?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)