Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

I think she needs to stop tanning

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM
  • 27 Replies

I really try not to be judgemental but, um......yeah.....she needs to stop tanning.

As for the story, have you ever went tanning?  What age did you go?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11500434-new-jersey-mom-arrested-after-allegedly-taking-daughter-5-into-tanning-booth?lite

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MB13
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Boy, I saw her on TV and she looks terrible!!!!  My SIL tans and in my opinion tans too much, but she is nowhere near this bad!!!!

Reina13
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM

That is awful.

I have tanned at a tanning salon before. I did it for a couple weeks in my late 20s before my 10  yr hs reunion. Then again in my mid 30s for about a month before a vacation.

M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM

The first time I tanned was before prom and that was because i had a lot of tanlines from softball.  After that, I tanned again to get an even tan for my wedding and maybe one other time.  I'm half mexican so i'm already dark but damn softball gives me tanlines.

I probably won't do it again unless I have a really special occasion to go to.

psych_mom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I have been to a tanning bed 2 times in my life... if I get a sun burn eventually it turns into a tan. I was in my 20s both times. This lady really needs to stop tanning. She looks a lot older than her age and looks very unhealthy.

mom22tumblebugs
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM

INTERVENTION!!

bookworm14
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM
I used to go, but I lost a high school friend to skin cancer at the age of 24. Not sure if the 2 things were related but I haven't stepped foot in a tanner since her funeral.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM

oh, yuck.

cavalier_craz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I have never been to a tanning salon. I have never been able to get a tan. I burn and go back white. lol

Nikkij-j
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM

To each their own but dang.  That is bad. I have never been in a tanning bed and would never do it. 

STARRYVONN
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Horrible!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)