Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

flying

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  • 17 Replies
Have any of your kids flown as a unaccompanied minor? If so at what age? If not what age do you think would be appropriate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:53 PM

My son has not. A friend of his has, and I think he was 9 or 10. I'm not sure of the circumstance except that the mom mentioned once that he flew without her to visit his bio-dad.

I think it really depends on the kid--from how mature they are and how familiar they are with flying. My son is pretty familiar with airports, and so I think he'd do better than a kid who has never flown before.

styler7
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM
My son has. He had just turned 13.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Neither one of mine have but I'm a worry wort and would be too scared to allow it.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:17 AM
bump

Coastiesgirl
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Both my kids have. My DS was 8 the first time. He does it 4 times a year. He's now 13. My DD did it at 6, once a year. She's now 9.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STKsMomma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM
How far did he go? My inlaws want to fly my 9yo from arkansas to cali. And I was ok with it now not really. I don't know if I should let gim do it and trust he would be ok or what! So confused!

Quoting Coastiesgirl:

Both my kids have. My DS was 8 the first time. He does it 4 times a year. He's now 13. My DD did it at 6, once a year. She's now 9.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STKsMomma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Thanks ladies for your replies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coastiesgirl
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:36 PM
My kids fly from New Orleans to Seattle. We have never had a problem. They get treated like VIP's and they love it. Both of them are doing it again this summer. :-)

Quoting STKsMomma:

How far did he go? My inlaws want to fly my 9yo from arkansas to cali. And I was ok with it now not really. I don't know if I should let gim do it and trust he would be ok or what! So confused!

Quoting Coastiesgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STARRYVONN
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
No. They're 9, 11 and 12. As long as their minors me or dad will be with them. Too many weirdos in the world.
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM

My children have not, my 14 year old nephew will be flying solo this summer from Pittsburgh to Idaho.  Check with the airline that you will be using for their policies on unaccompanied minors.  I know that my SIL was surprised at some of the regulations that they have in place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)