Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Moms with daughters

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:24 AM
  • 28 Replies
First, when did you start your period? Has your daughter started yet, and if she has, did she start at the same age you did?

I started when I was 11. DD is 11 and she's been getting into those moods lately. I know she's going to start soon :-(

Also, what kind of pads do you buy for your DD? I only use pantyliners with a tampon the first couple of days and overnights at night, so I'm pretty clueless when it comes to daytime pads. I want her to be comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michele-w3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I started when I was 12.  My dd started right after her 9th birthday.  I don't have a specific brand of pads I buy for her, I just buy whatever type she needs (liners, overnights, med flow) and whatever is on sale. 

Strega
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I was 11. Our Daughter will be 9 on the 28th and so far she hasn't started.

I don't use Tampons myself, just Pads. So, when she does start, I'll get her Always (with the Wings, of course).

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

rbeauchamp
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I started at 9 and dd is 9 and showing signs of starting soon. She is super moody.

psych_mom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:03 AM
I was 11 when I started. My DD is only 7, so we aren't there yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proudmomma7
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:06 AM
I got mine when I was 11, my daughter hasn't gotten here's yet and she probably won't for a while considering she's five! But I always bought Always brand pads and Always night time pads!
armymomof2brats
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I started at 11 my dd is 10 and already showing some signs. I won't know what to buy until she starts, but it will be pads.

styler7
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I was 13. My daughter was a month shy of 12yrs. I buy her "U by Kotex Tween Pads"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1smartcookie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I was 13. DD is 10 but very moody and I wouldn't be surprised if she starts soon.

M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I started when I was 13.  We just talked about this in the American Book the other day.  I think she wants to wear pads.  She read about the tampons and doesn't seem to like the idea of it right now.

I'm hoping she gets hers later like I did.

extremelibrary
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I was 10 when iI had mine. I used maxis with wings. It will be awhile before my daughter had hers. She is only 17 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)