Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

There is no punishment

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:56 AM
  • 14 Replies

GOOD enough for the two students and the driver.

I can't tell you what I'd like to happen to them because then I'd be just as bad.

Two students from Roswell, Ga., are facing charges of aggravated sodomy and aggravated molestation after a 10-year-old deaf boy reported that he was sexually assautled on a school bus traveling from the Atlanta Area School for the Deaf, WSB-TV reports.

Evidence also reveals that the bus driver had knowledge of the attacks but did not contact authorities, Attorney Tommy Maddox told the station. Fulton County spokeswoman Samantha Evans told WSB-TV's Mike Petchenik that the driver has been removed from the system, but offered no other details.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that the suspects, ages 16 and 14, are set to appear in court today and are being charged as adults.

“He was just violated in every way you can imagine," Maddox said of the alleged victim. The AJC also reports that forensic tests at a local hospital confirms the accusations.

The assault reportedly went on for months, but the 10-year-old was initially too afraid to tell his mother.

The Roswell incident is one of several that involves alleged student bullying on school buses. Back in January, a 13-year-old female student was beaten unconscious on a school bus by seven students between the ages of 12 and 15 in Ocala, Fla.

The victim was taken to a hospital where she was treated for severe bruising, a concussion, and muscle spasms.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
styler7
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Unbelievable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Wow, how sad. That poor child.

jurnee14
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

speechless. The bus driver and kids shold get the maximum. or let the kids parents get their hands on them, scum.

omamabean
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM
That breaks my heart. And makes me physically I'll. I hope they get the maximum punishment allowed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Un frigging believable! I agree with you. No punishment is good enough!

LittleBirdFly
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM

in both cases I would give the students max punsihment avaliable. They should go to jail. Just suspend them for a few day will not cut it. Thoese typ of things are happenening way too much now a day. Why? Because criminals arent getting punished. The Bus driver in the first case should rod in jail as well since he knew about it and didn not do a thing.

psych_mom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM
In GA there are very strong child molestation laws. It depends on if this boys are tried as adults or juveniles as to how harshly they are punished. If they are tried as adults they could spend many, many years in prison. A family member was molested, actually sodomized as a child, in the late 80s, and the molested is still in prison and has no hope of getting out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DannieLou
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

WOW! I'm glad they're being charged as adults. That poor boy. :( This is why I hate buses for school. When my DD2 was 4 and going on the bus with her older siblings for pre-K, some older boy pinched the end of her nose until it was bruised! My DS defended her and HE got kicked off the bus for 3 days. SMH...and this mama proudly drove him to school because he stood up for his baby sister.

The violence between kids is just getting more and more horrific.

psych_mom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Guess I read the article to see that they are being charged as adults. These guys won't see freedom for a long, long time.

Quoting psych_mom:

In GA there are very strong child molestation laws. It depends on if this boys are tried as adults or juveniles as to how harshly they are punished. If they are tried as adults they could spend many, many years in prison. A family member was molested, actually sodomized as a child, in the late 80s, and the molested is still in prison and has no hope of getting out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM
In the county I live in in GA they will not allow older kids to ride the bus with elementary kids to protect them. Unfortunately it took a young girl being raped by a high schooler to have this implemented.

Quoting DannieLou:

WOW! I'm glad they're being charged as adults. That poor boy. :( This is why I hate buses for school. When my DD2 was 4 and going on the bus with her older siblings for pre-K, some older boy pinched the end of her nose until it was bruised! My DS defended her and HE got kicked off the bus for 3 days. SMH...and this mama proudly drove him to school because he stood up for his baby sister.

The violence between kids is just getting more and more horrific.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)