Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

10 Things I Deperately NEED For Mother's Day

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 17 Replies

10 Things I Desperately NEED for Mother’s Day

Posted by Jill Smokler

Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Since my day never really goes the way I want it to, I thought I would spell it out for my family this year. What do I want? A day off, thank you very much. This year, I'm taking Mother's Day back. Here's what I will be doing ...

1. Not to be woken up. Chances are, I’ll be up well before 7, but I want to at least try.

2. Not to pick out clothes. I don’t care what the children wear -- they can be mismatched, filthy, and stained, I just don’t want anything to do with it. 

3. Not to think about dinner. It’s one of the first things I think about every day and it’s frequently greeted by yucks and ewwws. I need a day off.

4. Not to drive anywhere. Unless it's the spa. That I could deal with.

5. Not wipe a single nose or wipe crusty food off of a face.

6. Not to bathe the children. It’s my least favorite task, hands down. 

7. Not to be in charge of bedtime. Yes, I want to snuggle with the kids. I will sing them my '80s medley of lullabies and maybe even read a book or two, but I don’t want to deal with the million whines and calls long after I have tucked them in.  

8. Not having to load/unload the dishwasher. Let's just use paper for the day, because I'm pretty sure nobody else in the house is capable of this one.

9. Not to play referee. I’ve never much enjoyed sports, anyway. 

10. Not to wipe a single ass.

What do YOU want for Mother's Day?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

To enjoy being a mom- I picked this job and I enjoy every minute of it. Why complain and whine when the kids didn't ask to be born? Yeah, it has it's struggles and it's down sides, but it is one of the most rewarding jobs I know. It pays you long after the kids are grown and you no longer have to work at every single day. Maybe this mom should stop focusing on all of the negatives and start looking at the positives of being a mom. I hate articles like this!

Barabell
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Given the age of my son, I'm pretty much past the stage of all those items on the list.

Given that hockey season is over, I'm also past the not sleeping in on weekends and having to drive anywhere everyday season right now too. :-)

M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

For my girls, some of these do not apply but the rest do and that would be WONDERFUL!!!!

I think I would really love a spa day.  I don't normally ask for one but I really think i would like one this year.

ClassyMom619
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Your list sounds good to me! lol 

I would love a day off too, but never happens. 

1. Not to be woken up...but the baby needs her booby milk so that won't happen unless DH starts producing milk.

2. Not to referee my 2 older kids. HA, like that would ever happen. 

3. Not to have to drive anyone anywhere.

4. No sports

5. No homework

6. No cooking

7. Watch whatever I want on TV

8. Massage

9. Get nails done

10. Get hair done

11. Take a shower in peace and quiet so I can stay in there until my skin wrinkles.

12. DH takes the day off from work so he can take over at home.

As for my "wishes" never gonna happen, lol. Mother's day this year will begin with DH leaving early enough for work that his rustling around will wake the baby to nurse. Then by the time i get her back to sleep he will be gone and the 2 older kids will be up looking for breakfast. So while the baby sleeps, I will make breakfast while getting 3 uniforms ready. Then I get baby up and fed again and out to a championship football game. Then it's off to church where my son changes into his 2nd uniform to sell flowers with his Boy Scout troop. Then He gets to change a 3rd time into his soccer uniform for his game. By the time dinner rolls around we'll finally be getting back home where I will cook get kids into showers and then DH might get home. That's MY Mother's day. Good grief. Maybe I can dream that night of a day off when I'm old and gray.

fineyouguyswin
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow I find that list kinda sad :/

The only thing I need is

1.To be woken up by my wonderful kids

2.To have my children let me pick out their clothes just one more day

3.To make a dinner my kids beg for

4.To drive somewhere I can watch my kids smile

5.To clean a face dirty from having fun

6.To wash my children and listen to the play

7.To embrace every bedtime whine that will soon disappear

8.To clean up the dishes we messed up together in the sand

9.To play referee and maybe even join in

10.And to just enjoy the blessing of being a mom. So many people are never given this blessing yet half the ones who do act like it is a chore!

psych_mom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I so agree. I asked my husband to take a half of day off from work on mothers day, not so he can do everything, but because I want us to spend some time together as a family playing outside, eating dinner together, and going through the bedtime routine. It is a day to celebrate being a mom and I want to celebrate it by spending it as a mom. My kids might decide to make me a bowl of cereal for breakfast, but more than likely they will be caught up in getting ready for church. They may need me to help them get their clothes picked out, and I am fine with that- my boys will throw on just about anything regardless of how it looks. I love being a mom.

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

The only thing I need is

10.And to just enjoy the blessing of being a mom. So many people are never given this blessing yet half the ones who do act like it is a chore!

fineyouguyswin
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I really think there is no better blessing. It makes me sad when people would rather be away from their kids. We are going to drive 6 hours with the kids to go see my mil and her mom. She will still get up and make us breakfast and not take no for an answer.

Quoting psych_mom:

I so agree. I asked my husband to take a half of day off from work on mothers day, not so he can do everything, but because I want us to spend some time together as a family playing outside, eating dinner together, and going through the bedtime routine. It is a day to celebrate being a mom and I want to celebrate it by spending it as a mom. My kids might decide to make me a bowl of cereal for breakfast, but more than likely they will be caught up in getting ready for church. They may need me to help them get their clothes picked out, and I am fine with that- my boys will throw on just about anything regardless of how it looks. I love being a mom.

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

The only thing I need is

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I really think there is no better blessing. It makes me sad when people would rather be away from their kids. We are going to drive 6 hours with the kids to go see my mil and her mom. She will still get up and make us breakfast and not take no for an answer.

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

The only thing I need is

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

for my dd to have a happy delightful day! That will REALLY make my day!

Wyldbutterfly
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:26 AM

My children are well past any of these ages and stages!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)