Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 Things I Deperately NEED For Mother's Day

10 Things I Desperately NEED for Mother’s Day

Posted by Jill Smokler

Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Since my day never really goes the way I want it to, I thought I would spell it out for my family this year. What do I want? A day off, thank you very much. This year, I'm taking Mother's Day back. Here's what I will be doing ...

1. Not to be woken up. Chances are, I’ll be up well before 7, but I want to at least try.

2. Not to pick out clothes. I don’t care what the children wear -- they can be mismatched, filthy, and stained, I just don’t want anything to do with it. 

3. Not to think about dinner. It’s one of the first things I think about every day and it’s frequently greeted by yucks and ewwws. I need a day off.

4. Not to drive anywhere. Unless it's the spa. That I could deal with.

5. Not wipe a single nose or wipe crusty food off of a face.

6. Not to bathe the children. It’s my least favorite task, hands down. 

7. Not to be in charge of bedtime. Yes, I want to snuggle with the kids. I will sing them my '80s medley of lullabies and maybe even read a book or two, but I don’t want to deal with the million whines and calls long after I have tucked them in.  

8. Not having to load/unload the dishwasher. Let's just use paper for the day, because I'm pretty sure nobody else in the house is capable of this one.

9. Not to play referee. I’ve never much enjoyed sports, anyway. 

10. Not to wipe a single ass.

What do YOU want for Mother's Day?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Replies (11-17):
krazymama4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:25 PM

my husband will probobly let me try to sleep in so instead of my waking up and seeing my wonderful childrens faces when i first wake them up i will be woke up by screams  "that is my shirt take it off no it is mine" then my husband will most likely have made me breakfast and one of my kids will have my cup of coffee. we will go off to church where i will teach my youngest dd about God as i am the teacher for her age group. we will then come home and unfortuantely i wll be headed of to amvet meetings (not that i bregrudge or anything negitive to the armed forces would rather be home with my kids is all)  and then i will come home to make dinner as my husband is getting ready for work.   cause he is making me my mothers day dinner on sat cause he leaves for work about 6 on sunday.   I SO LOVE BEING A MOM IT IS THE BEST THING EVER

brandi185
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM

this mother's day weekend i just want to stay home with my dh and kids.  i want to watch black and white movies and some more supernatural episodes and make a tent in the livingroom with my boys.  if it's nice outside maybe we'll take the dogs for a walk.  every mother's day and my birthday dh and the boys treat me to cracker barrel, my favorite restaurant, for dinner.  then they buy me something from the store.  so all of that and no chores would be perfect.  well, i will have to cook and do the dishes but that's it.  my boys are 8 and 10.  my 10 year old will be 11 in july.  i only have 7 or 8 more years to enjoy his company before he takes on his own life.

vlester
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM

a job, to win the lottery, a really great guy,lol, a trip to the spa, a vacation, no one asking me favors

SuperLooneyMom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I really don't care. It's another day to me and I'll prolly work. I'm the hallmark girl and cards will need to be full
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I spend every day dealing with a moody 13 year old, a super hyper 5 year old and an almost 2 year old who wants everything NOW. Then I go to work at 6pm and get off at 6am, and do it all again. I'm tired. I'm cranky. I love my kids but they're driving me crazy. For mother's day I want:
1: to sleep in.
2: a nap.
3: to be able to sit down and watch a movie or read a book.
4: a nap.
5: some type of food that I like and don't have to share.
6: a nap.
7: an uninterrupted shower.
8: a nap.
9: a new skillet.
10: a nap.
Sorry if that bothers some people, but that's the truth. Instead of getting these things, my husband is probably going to be working, my kids' bio mom has informed us that she needs a day off for mother's day so she won't be taking the kids this weekend. Again. Which I find odd, since they live with me and she rarely sees them. So mother's day will be like any other day here. I'm still hoping for a nap though! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
We are going away for the weekend. It's been 2yrs since we've been able to all go as a family. We are looking so forward to it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

To enjoy being a mom- I picked this job and I enjoy every minute of it. Why complain and whine when the kids didn't ask to be born? Yeah, it has it's struggles and it's down sides, but it is one of the most rewarding jobs I know. It pays you long after the kids are grown and you no longer have to work at every single day. Maybe this mom should stop focusing on all of the negatives and start looking at the positives of being a mom. I hate articles like this!

I completely agree with you. I love being a mom, and all that my title entails.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)