Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Is your tween playing any sports this summer? If so, what?

playing soccerbaseballplaying tennis girl

by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Replies (21-28):
fineyouguyswin
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Yeah well the $100 is just fees :/ that doesn't cover clothes or equipment of course it is just to much and they practice outside when it is 100+ just a safety issues that isn't worth it. Now I love when he plays basketball :O)

Quoting Barabell:

Now the cost and commitment of his winter hockey is completely different. I love that he plays hockey (since he's passionate about it), but I wish it was a cheaper sport.

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

Wow that is cool we pay that much and have 1-2 times a weeks for a couple months 2-3

Quoting Barabell:

I wish you had something like that there too! My son's soccer is only $55 for almost 3 months, and it's only twice a week. That includes his game shirt too. I think he might be missing the last week and possibly the end of year picnic because of his overnight hockey camp.

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

That would be nice I wish we had something to do for fun here. Football is $100 :/ and we wouldn't have any freedom

TwinSoccerMom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM

They do not do anything organized in the summer.  Although DD plays volleyball for the school and DS runs cross country and both begin practices and have some games/meets in August.  School starts right after Labor Day.

Right now theyhave about 3 weeks left of track (school) and soccer (AYSO) so their seasons will end about the time school ends for the summer.

homeschoolto3
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM
My two oldest are doing soccer right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vlester
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM

yes he will be playing basketball

vixen42
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM

going back too karate

momofthree929
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM

We do Spring Baseball, Basketball in the Fall and whatever other sport they can get into for school so we try to take the summer off. Baseball goes into the Summer a bit espically if they make all-stars but they do need a little time off.

chris13
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM

they will be starting practice for the fall soccer season and we talked about letting them try volleyball skills camp this summer. plus they have dance practice at least once a month for the big shows in september ( thru the church)

TS2
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Basketball but its expensive.  I get moody over scheduling sometimes too.  And sometimes I feel weird like I have to justify her schedule with "friends" and family.  She likes it.  Its her choice.  Why do they act like Im ruining her childhood with too much to do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)