Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What are you doing for your mom for Mother's Day?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are you planning to get her or do?

by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:26 PM

My mom's b-day is the 14th, so I get her 2 cards. Depending on what ideas I have, I either get her 2 small gifts or one bigger one to cover both occasions.

She loves Olive Garden, but my parents rarely go there, so I might do a repeat gift and get her a gift card to there.

psych_mom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I am probably not getting my mom anything. The woman has absolutely everything that she wants. I may end up taking her to lunch some where after Mother's day when the kids are in school.

Madammeke
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM

I send cards this year, I work from 8AM till 7PM and have no oompf to do anything else but go home and relax. I know they understand and next year I wil do the surprise presents again.

lawschoolmom1
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM
My mom passed away in 2006 and my MIL passed away in 2004 so we don't get to do anything for them. However this is my sister's 1st mothers day since she lost her husband a couple of months ago. She mentioned this will be the first one she hasn't gotten a gift. Her grown kids never do anything for her so he always did so she felt special. I bought her a necklace to give to her when she comes down to visit next weekend. My husband has to work Sunday night so he will have to sleep all day. So it will be just me and kids around the house all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

We made flower hand print painting :O) strange I know but she loves that stuff lol

bookworm14
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I won't see my mom on Sunday, as she left town to spend the weekend with my grandma in NC (we're in MI). But I got her a tote bag from a fundraiser that was made from recycled materials, filled with some sticky notes, a collander spoon for cooking & some of her favorite candy. No plans for Sunday with my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teenmomandpr587
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM
i cant do anything with mine she passed away when i was 15
kmrtigger
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Not a darn thing. Why bother her, when my wedding day was too much of a bother for her to show up at?? I haven't spoken to her since that day, and have zero plans on doing so anytime soon.

emilyrosenj
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

My mom's birthday was may 3 and we got her a kindle.  I will see her at church tomorrow then she's going out with my cousins and my aunt.  I was invited but I cannot go, my kids are returning from a weekend trip and I want to be home when they get home.  It's my daughter's first time away.

vixen42
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM

we live in different states so I sent her a card with the latest pics of her grandsons and we will call her tomorrow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)