Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Puberty talk at school

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 22 Replies
So tomorrow is the day. A video on puberty. I've already discussed puberty with my dd as she has been heading that route for about a year now. She is blooming and growing. No period yet. But any advice on any questions she might have? Anyone else been trough the video at school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyldbutterfly
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Both of my children had the talk at school given by the school nurse. I didn't agree with everything my children were told but none the less I let them participate.

I'm glad you already had the talk with your DD but continue to do so regularly. That way she will be comfortable with you about any question or questions she may have.

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM

This hasn't come up at school w/ ds2 yet. W/ ds1, we always remind him that if he has any questions afterwards that he doesn't want to ask at school, he can come to either of us and ask.

psych_mom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM

My ds1 had this at school not to long ago and he didn't have any questions about it.

psych_mom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Oh, of course I told him that if he ever does that we are here if he needs to talk.

momof2ex1
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Did you have the sex talk at the same time? Dd is nearing the end of 5th grade. Moving to junior high next year. I'm considering the talk this weekend. I'm nervous as I think all mom's are but I think it's time she knows how all of this goes together and I'm prepared. Ive been reading and researching. I would much rather her hear it from me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM
My dd did that a few weeks ago and she didnt really have questions. The only thing i got out of it is her friend plugged her ears and said she is scared for life. Lol they do a pretty good job explaining it all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kylie819
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Tomorrow is the day for us, too. The school requires a same-gender parent or other adult to attend with their child. So tomorrow I'm going to sex ed, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armymomof2brats
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:09 AM

We already seen the video.. She came home and gave me the packet she got. I told her to read over it and then come talk to me. I asked her if she had any questions and knew what she was reading and watching. She said she did.

fineyouguyswin
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM

We haven't had the videos and talks yet

Barabell
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Pueberty has not been discussed at school, but we've had some talks at home about his body changing. I don't really had any advice besides using proper names and trying to make your child comfortable enough to ask you questions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN