Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Text and walk?

What do you think about this:

A New Jersey town took to ticketing pedestrians caught texting while walking after a rise in jaywalking incidents.

Police in Fort Lee., N.J., say people are constantly putting themselves at risk of being hit by cars because they do not pay attention while walking.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/12/new-jersey-town-cracks-down-on-texting-while-walking/#ixzz1ugQZSQkD
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Replies (11-16):
mewebb82
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I just saw on the news that they are voting on a bill today for the same thing here (Austin, TX). 

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. In some ways, it just seems silly that the state legislature feels the need to spend time and money on something like this, but I also see where it is a safety issue.

Mommy4000
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I don't, and I don't think we have jaywalking laws where I live, at least I don't think they are enforced. I say if someone gets hurt while texting and walking, that's their own damn fault.

STARRYVONN
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM

No, if I need to send a txt, I stand still for a few seconds.

TGOLD1
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Yeah, sometimes.

styler7
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM
I do..but can text and not look at the keyboard so I'm ok, I hope..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I'm really not into Texting much. But I have to be sitting to actually do it.

I think it's hilarious that there's such an uproar about this. They should be concentrating on ya know... Walking. Nothing is THAT important that it can't wait until you sit down somewhere (and I'm not talking about sitting behind the wheel!).

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN