Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

FIRST Out of State School Trip? ? ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Has your T(w)een ever gone on an OUT OF STATE school trip?   As in overnight for a few DAYS?   

Please tell me more?  WHAT did you do the first TIME your child was away, WITHOUT YOU.... 

HOW did YOU HANDLE IT????   

MY 13yo Aspie is going on an 8th grade Class trip to Washington D.C. for 3 days.   (That's  7 hours from home WITHOUT STOPPING.)  There are NO parent Chaperones allowed, only School Teachers and Staff.    It will be his first trip away from home without family.     

by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Replies (31-33):
LostTheSlipper
Today is a "blah" day.
Yesterday at 6:40 PM
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Quoting bupkie:

Nope, upstate NY...

How the heck are they going to be able to visit anywhere in only 3 days?? I used to live in upstate NY and our Washington trip was like 5 or 6 days and we practically had to run through everything even then.

My first out-of-state trip was actually an out-of-country in 7th grade - we went to Canada to a Stratford-on-Avon performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream. That was a one-day trip though with no overnights.

bupkie
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

Quoting bupkie:

Nope, upstate NY...

How the heck are they going to be able to visit anywhere in only 3 days?? I used to live in upstate NY and our Washington trip was like 5 or 6 days and we practically had to run through everything even then.

My first out-of-state trip was actually an out-of-country in 7th grade - we went to Canada to a Stratford-on-Avon performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream. That was a one-day trip though with no overnights.

You should see the itinerary... it is JAM-PACKED!  They don't even go to the hotel when the get there!  They left at 7:30 am, and should arrive and promptly start their touring at 2:30pm ...   It's now almost 5 pm... I have no idea where they are at, or ANYTHING because they won't let the kids use their cell phones to even send a text or email home!   They wouldn't even let the kids use their phones on the BUS trip there!   Not even to send a quick email or text - "mom, I'm here and fine."   Nope... nada.     

So, they get to the hotel at 9 pm tonight.   I imagine they will pass out as soon as they walk in the door.   They will be up and have a full breakfast at 7 am tomorrow.  Touring starts again at 8:30 am  they don't go back to the hotel till 9 pm.  Then they tour again Friday all day before they head back...

• Bupkie..... 

• ~~~ My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it.  If it fits great!  If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ~~~   thank you
mypbandj
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM
My kids went from Kansas to Nebraska (2-3 hr trip, each way) in 3rd grade. I sent dh w/ my son b/c he has aspergers. Now he is in 8th and is going from KS to Missouri (5 hr trip, each way) and dh is going again. If it were my dd, I wouldn't feel like we needed to go - she's been away lots for girl scouts and loves that stuff. My son had anxiety though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)