Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Defiant Child... advice?

So, my SD is downright defiant. She is disrespectful. She talks back, rolls her eyes, etc. she's never sorry even after we punish her. Will she be this way forever? What can we do? What would you do?
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Replies (11-12):
apple612
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:13 AM

My daughter, who is 11 on occasion would try and talk back to me.  I make sure to put her back in her place and she know that when I start taking things away from her like her ipad, tv, phone, etc.  She gets the message and knows that I will not tolerate that.

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I don't really like to use physical punishment (smacking) but if my dd starts goinngoff on her usual tangents of "but you don't understand, you think it's SOOOO easyyy, I can't do it I have ADHD"...I just give her one of those Gibbs' slaps (NCIS) to the back of the head.   It's the only way to shut her up!  There is NO reason she can't do it because she has ADHD, she just has to find another way, method, unit of understanding, which I willing, able and ready to work with her on..as long as she is not "going off the deep end", I just can't take all the whining, crying and such!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN