Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

My 10 yo son doesn't wipe his tush!!

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am seriously soooo fed up with it. Several times I have walked in and he forgot to flush and there was poop in the toilet with no toilet paper. He says because he didn't have any... Yet he didn't open the closet to get any! Sometimes he even poops his pants. Wtf?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hddcooper
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Wow I dunno on this one. Here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristen9286
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM
I just don't get it... It must be sooo uncomfortable and itchy and he just doesn't care.... Ugh :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisaph2
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm, sounds like laziness is. most likely if that was the only problem. Adding with going in the pants, it sounds more like acting out or a control issue. It isn't uncommon for kids with behavioral issues to do this, or those who have had a traumatic sexual experience. I hate to bring up the latter, but I know you'd want to be aware if this is the case. If you take him to a doctor, he could be evaluated for those issues and a possible physical problem such as extreme constipation. Kids will hold it in as long as possible until it comes out with no time to run to the restroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Have you talked to the doctor about him still having accidents to rule out any medical reasons why he might still be having issues?

Other than that, I'm at a loss because my son stopped behavior like that before 10 years old. Sorry. :(

hwifeandmom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

As far as soiling his pants goes, ask the doctor to order an abdominal x-ray to check for Encopresis (when the bowels get so overfull that they lose muscle tone, which sometimes causes uncontrolled soiling).

As far as the failing to wipe, I don't know.  My teen daughter still does this.  I don't get it.  It's so gross.  We have had so many discussions and read soooo many books about how to properly take care of your body and why (including social reasons), and she just doesn't seem to care.  My daughter does have some developmental delays, but not that bad.  Thankfully my other kids all wipe.  Ask your librarian to recommend some growth/developmental books that might address hygiene issues.  Sometimes hearing it from someone other than mom makes it sink into their brains better.

psych_mom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I would talk to his pediatrician. He/she may be able to find out what is up with this since it is not someone he has to see every day. Maybe have him in the room with the pediatrician and a nurse if he doesn't feel comfortable talking about it with you in the room (assuming you trust your pediatrician this much).

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Maybe the TP is too harsh for him. Some people have sensitivity issues. Get him a Box of Scotts Wipes, leave them wherever there is a toilet. And in the CAR!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)