Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Tween son

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

So my 12 year old has been  complaining of feet pain and occasional back pain. I took him to the Dr when we went for his well child check up about a week ago and she could not find anything wrong. She said if anything, get some gel things for his shoes. He does have fairly new shoes - they are good ones too and he has been complaining since about that time.

He does MOST of his complaining right before he has to do something. Going to work out at the YMCA, mowing the yard, stuff like that and he is doing it again. Should I call BS like I wanna or what? I gave him an ibuprofen and told him we are still going. He was just fine going around the neighborhood with his friend today looking for yards to mow for $. I'm thinking something stinks here and he knows I worry about him...

What do you think?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sc44381
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Mine always says this or tbat hurts. Or he doesnt feel good when he doesnt want to do a chore too I call his bluff.
brlee1115
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:10 PM
On a serious note, does he have flat feet?
If not, he's probably pulling your leg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Quoting brlee1115:

Those were my exact same thougths...

brlee1115
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Have him stand barefooted and look. If his feet are flat, they'll completely touch the floor..no arch. If it is, he may need arches built for him. I new a girl that would scrape the tile off the floor with her feet!!

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting brlee1115:

Those were my exact same thougths...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I would call his bluff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momjs
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Don't write off his pain.  My son had alot of foot and leg pain at that age.  He played sports and got shin splints and needed good inserts (had to have the expensive ones made from the Good Feet Store) but they helped.  Might be worth a trip to a good foot store just to double check.

vale131
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I called his bluff. Gave him an ibuprofen and said "you're going". As soon as we walked in to the Y he was like -"wanna play basketball"? I will ck his feet too but I think he is pulling my leg...thank you!!

vale131
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I added pics of the inside of one foot and the outside. I don't think the outside makes a difference because mine looks flat too. The inside of his foot has a  little bit of an arch but not a lot. What do you think? Or anyone?

Quoting momjs:

Don't write off his pain.  My son had alot of foot and leg pain at that age.  He played sports and got shin splints and needed good inserts (had to have the expensive ones made from the Good Feet Store) but they helped.  Might be worth a trip to a good foot store just to double check.

Barabell
by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I don't know enough about flat feet. Sorry. Here's a bump!

Wyldbutterfly
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM

It could be growing pains but I'm thinking it's along the lines of something funny to get out of what he don't want to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)