movie theatre seatI get how frustrated Yong Hyun Kim must have been. The 31-year-old was in a Washington movie theatre trying to be all romantic, watchingTitanic in 3-D with his girlfriend. Then the kids in front of him started acting like punks. Just how big of punks is in question, but he says they were yelling, throwing popcorn, and when he asked them to be quiet, they laughed at him.

I can only imagine how angry this made Kim; I would have been pissed too and wanted to do all sorts of things to their smug, rude little selves. The problem is that Kim actually did -- he punched one of the boys in the face. He hit him so hard that he knocked out one of the 10-year-old's teeth and left him with a bloody nose. 

"I got so mad that it just happened," he told police.

He was charged with second degree assault and could serve up to six months in jail if he's convicted. I don't think that and some serious anger management classes are unjust. He hit a kid.

Some, however, are lauding him as a hero, like a vigilante with a valiant mission to smack some manners back into kids. Comments like this from "krazykittymatt" on CBS have flooded in where the story has been reported:

This guy's my hero! He did what we all want to do to bratty kids in the movies. If he's 10 then I blame the parents for letting him go alone with friends. He's still in grade school, he doesn't need a social life.

A hero for hitting a kid? That anyone would condone his actions in any way is simply appalling. I don't like my movie to be interrupted more than anyone else, especially when the tickets are so expensive, but he could have gone to get a manager and let him handle it. He could have done a lot of things, but instead he lost it. 

Kids can be rude and disrespectful, no doubt, and it's infuriating, especially when they're blatantly egging you on, but they're kids. Moms deal with it every day, and if we went and punched our kids every time they drove us to the point of blood-boiling anger, no one would think of calling us heroes. We'd be in big trouble, and so too should Mr. Kim be. He's no hero.

Do you think this man is a hero in any way? Do you think he should have to serve jail time?