Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Does your tween have a Facebook?

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 36 Replies

My 10 year old son does not.. he is not mature enough... He would add anyone as a friend..

If your's does not when will you allow them to have one or will you ever?

I told my son he could have one when he is 13 or 14 (whenever facebook allows you to have one)

My husband doesnt think he should ever have one.. but he hardly uses facebook himself..

by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM

My son has a FB account. I don't usually admit it on CM because he is under 13 and people on CM tend to get judgmental about this issue.

He uses his FB account less than I do, and he only has people that he knows in real life as friends. It is mainly family members that live in another state. We've gone over and review often social networking safety, including when he uses his Xbox Live account.

fineyouguyswin
by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Nope he does not like you said not of legal age yet :O) and really there is no need.

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Nope. The 13 y/o, while old enough, does not, either. #1- He hasn't asked for one. #2- I don't think he's mature enough yet for one.

TwinSoccerMom
by on May. 24, 2012 at 6:17 PM

They got FB accounts on their 13th birthday. Even though we felt they were mature enough before then we also felt strongly that we needed to set an example and "follow the rules".  So we waited until they were 13 when FB rules allow an account.  They are not huge users of it and we monitor their activity online regularly.  But if they had wanted to try the argument that "all my friends have FB accounts" they would have been right! LOL  (Not that it would have swayed our opinion but it would not have been an arguable point because they all did.)

M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM
No. She is only 8.

When you said he will add everyone, I saw my friend's daughter's page....public page....with about 600 "friends". the girl is about 13. Really?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM
My 13yr old does but never uses it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperLooneyMom
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM
No but he's asking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Not until they are the LEGAL age for the site. And even then I will decide whether or not they should have an account.

Stephie849
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM
My dd is 8 and she has had hers for over a year. She has just now started to be more active on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queencreekmom
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell to the no! I teach my kids to follow the rules and they are not old enough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)