Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Tween daughter is demanding an upgrade!

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  • 24 Replies

My 12 yr old step daughter is demanding that she needs a new phone bc hers is broken. My husband is all to eager to accomidate her, however I was the one who got to check her upgrade status and now she is mad at me. WTF! Anyway, I dont think she should even have a phone, but it is so my husband can call her when she is with her mother. I get it, but why does she have to have the best newest phone? I am irritated! thanks for letting me vent.

by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM
6 moms liked this
If my child demands anything....guess what they are NOT getting.

If and when I give my children a phone, it will be basic with not much capabilities. If they want more, they can pay for it and any additional monthly fee that for a with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on May. 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I am in agreement with this 100%!

Quoting M4LG5:

If my child demands anything....guess what they are NOT getting.

If and when I give my children a phone, it will be basic with not much capabilities. If they want more, they can pay for it and any additional monthly fee that for a with it.

fineyouguyswin
by on May. 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM

UGH I know you said you didn't want her to have one. I'm irritated with your husband for not hearing you out. If my child broke their phone before they could get a new free one they would just have to suck it up and use an old one we had laying around.

auroragold
by on May. 26, 2012 at 7:46 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't do well with "DEMANDS".

Period.

stuswf
by Member on May. 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Earn it! Get a cheap "go" phone! Easier to replace
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM
nope demands do not fly in my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcm28
by on May. 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Yea I don't think kids need the best of the best of everything.

LoganTroyMom
by on May. 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM
demanding gets you nowhere in my home. how did it break? she better get to a-washin them dishes and start earning a new phone.

I don't even have a freakin smartphone. I have a verizon prepaid (unlimited everything, 50/mo)
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Since the reasoning for her having a phone is valid--getting in touch with her at mom's--then I would get her a cheap prepaid phone. You can get a basic one for $10-$20 and minutes are pretty cheap. Buy her the cheapest prepaid card and make her earn any extra minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Demanding would get her nothing with me. But if she must have a phone, give her yours and get yourself a new phone, or buy a cheapie and put her sim card in it if she has one, if she doesn't you can just call the phone company and have them put her number on it. She would NOT be getting the phone she wanted if she was my kid or step kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)