Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

How do u deal with the moodiness?

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 12 Replies
Friday DS cleaned out his locker and brought home an extra bag worth of items. This morning the Tues. after Memorial Day he went to get an item out of the bag and it was missing the whole bag. I did not see him come in with the bag on Friday and put it in his Dad's office so I assumed he left it on the bus or school. He yelled at me for suggesting that it was his fault. It had to have been thrown away by someone at our house. I do not deal well with the lashing out especially in the AM. I have sleep apnea and waking up takes awhile. How can I better equip him to deal with these situations. DS went to school crying - an 11 yr old 5th grader.
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chris13
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM

i would love some advice too. my kids are slipping into the moody behavior. usually we have to wait until they calm down. then make them talk about it. reasure them of our support and love. we don't accept the attitude.

M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

First, I have the mom voice and look and I use it very sternly.  I look straight at them, make eye contact, and tell them to change their tone and I won't listen to another word until they do.  I tell them to TALK to me and I will listen.

Once they do, I will respond calmly.

ksbondgirl
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I tell my kids to come at me "correct" or don't come at all.  I give them time to get themselves together and then we can work on what needs to be done.  I tell them that I cannot help them if they won't listen to me and refuse to "settle down".

Ang4AU
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I react immediately. I like the idea to wait and let me and DS collect ourselves.
fineyouguyswin
by on May. 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Without being there and seeing how you both reacted I would jsut tell him to keep looking it probably just got moved.

Ang4AU
by on May. 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I am hoping DS will come home with the bag from lost and found.
auroragold
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this

One thing to consider - - have him get his crap in gear the night before so that any "issues" can be dealt with then.

I'm with you on hating to START the day being cranky.

Ang4AU
by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Yes definitely need to start off next school year with "night before" instead of "morning of". Luckily came home with bag which was left at school and apologies for attitude.
auroragold
by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Quoting Ang4AU:

Yes definitely need to start off next school year with "night before" instead of "morning of". Luckily came home with bag which was left at school and apologies for attitude.

Hey! You got an apology!!! GOOD STUFF THERE!

tomsjennabean
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM

ive been pulling the keep it up and you can just go to bed card lol.....and SD 12 knows if shes goes upstairs after 630pm its complete quiet (thats where the baby sleeps too) lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN