Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camping...

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 52 Replies

Do you use a tent, camper or cabin? We are going to start taking our kids this year and we just ordered our first tent. There are 5 of us and we ordered a 3 room, 10 person tent, lol.

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I have learned that I will only sleep on an air mattress, never the hard ground. The investment is the mattress and air pump is well worth it!! (I have Colemans and it works great. Inflates in like 15 seconds.)

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

We already have an air mattress. The sleeping bags are for the kids, lol.

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

I have learned that I will only sleep on an air mattress, never the hard ground. The investment is the mattress and air pump is well worth it!! (I have Colemans and it works great. Inflates in like 15 seconds.)

3lilpunk1ns
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I love to camp.  If it is just my family we stay in a tent.  If we go with my parents we stay in the camper.  I really want a camper, but it isn't in the budget right now.

We have a 3 room tent and there are 5 of us.  I makes it nice and "comfortable".  For the time being we put all 3 kids in one room with an air mattress and then DH and I sleep in one room and we use the third room to store our clothing.  Once DD gets a little older, she will get the third room to herself.

kiowaqueen
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Awesome :) we have never gone as a family yet... But I do remember going a few times growing up and we used a tent and when we went during the winter it was a cabin... My husband laughs when I tell let's go camping lol..... have fun !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJFBGMommy
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

When my husband and boys go dipnetting they stay in the back of the truck. All of the other camping we do is in our cabin, but our cabin has running water, fridge, oven, etc... It's kind of not camping, but as close as I'll get any more. :) 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

We have a hybrid camper. The body is a trailer camper, but the bed ends fold out and are canvas like a pop-up. We love it! We have enough space for all of us to hang inside if it's raining and not totally trip over each other, a bathrm so we don't have to take the kids out to the restrm in the middle of the night (or wait for a rest area/gas station when on the road!), and a/c if we're unlucky enough to get caught w/ sweltering weather, but I still get the nostalgia-factor of having canvas above me when sleeping. (I grew up tent-camping)

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM
A friend of ours has an RV, which they let us use sometimes to go camping. We have a specific campground we like, with a pool and stuff. It's a lot of fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Christine on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:45 AM

I used to take my kids all of the time. There would be a bunch of us who got together and went. Part of me misses it but not the part that has to get everything and everyone packed.

Wyldbutterfly
by Christine on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:45 AM
Oh and we would tent camp! We have a big 10 person tent too.
momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:20 AM

We only do tent camping that is the only way to camp for u.  We have 5-our son usually uses his Boy Scout hiker tent, and we have an 8 person tent, that is what we had even for the 5 of us to camp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)