Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Brag time!

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
  • 56 Replies

OK everyone!  School year is over (or just about over)  - time to brag on your kiddos!

My 7th grade son had an awards ceremony at school (parents not invited - BOO!).  Here's what he got:

• Citizenship award (for displaying honesty, respect, compassion & responsibility throughout the year)
  • Geography Genius award (for achieving 97% average in World Geography all year)
  • Certificate of Excellence & Achievement (for achieving over 100% average in Language Arts all year)
  • Class C Gold Medal for Band solo (saxophone)
  • Class C Silver Medal for Band (group award)
  • Band pin
  • Most improved certificate for Cross Country
  • Most dedicated trophy for Cross Country
  • Track contribution certificate
  • Cross Country contribution certificate

My 8 year old and my 5 year old I don't know about yet...

Your turn!  Brag on those kiddos!

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
My son got a math and music achievement award and a/b honor roll because he got a b in social studies for 1 semester.

Way to go to your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM

way to go

Quoting psych_mom:

My son got a math and music achievement award and a/b honor roll because he got a b in social studies for 1 semester.

Way to go to your son.

abmaddox1981
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Breanna got most improved reader, citizenship award, an athletic award and a music award. And thankfully she passed into 4th grade!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Anny received almost all 4s on her report card (exceeds expectations).  In softball, she is doing AMAZING.

Mia and Micaela both did really well in kindergarten.  In tee ball, we play against boys and every game I'm told "wow, those girls are good."

TwinSoccerMom
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Our kids (7th graders) had their honors assembly yesterday as well and between the 2 of them they earned 20 awards. They included awards for being on the honor roll all this year plus all of middle school to-date (5th, 6th and 7th grade), awards in individual classes including math, social studies, language arts, phys ed, art, wood tech, science and for test scores on 2 national and state standardized tests. Sports teams awards were given at their individual banquets.  Our school thankfully invited family so I was able to attend and so did my in-laws. Unfortunately DH could not get the time off from work that morning. We were all very, very proud!!  I love that the school places such an emphasis on honoring the acheivements of their students.

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM

clapping

Quoting abmaddox1981:

Breanna got most improved reader, citizenship award, an athletic award and a music award. And thankfully she passed into 4th grade!!

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

woohoo

Quoting M4LG5:

Anny received almost all 4s on her report card (exceeds expectations).  In softball, she is doing AMAZING.

Mia and Micaela both did really well in kindergarten.  In tee ball, we play against boys and every game I'm told "wow, those girls are good."

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

shouting and I AGREE!

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Our kids (7th graders) had their honors assembly yesterday as well and between the 2 of them they earned 20 awards. They included awards for being on the honor roll all this year plus all of middle school to-date (5th, 6th and 7th grade), awards in individual classes including math, social studies, language arts, phys ed, art, wood tech, science and for test scores on 2 national and state standardized tests. Sports teams awards were given at their individual banquets.  Our school thankfully invited family so I was able to attend and so did my in-laws. Unfortunately DH could not get the time off from work that morning. We were all very, very proud!!  I love that the school places such an emphasis on honoring the acheivements of their students.

vixen42
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

my 5th grader has a moving on to middle school ceremony on  Tuesday this year he won 5 awards including 4th place in the science fair ,learned to play the violin,was second in command of safety patrol My oldest a freshman won 3 awards including going up in rank in ROTC and got to move up to 6th chair in band. They both are on the honor roll.My guys are great! 

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

goodshouting

Quoting vixen42:

my 5th grader has a moving on to middle school ceremony on  Tuesday this year he won 5 awards including 4th place in the science fair ,learned to play the violin,was second in command of safety patrol My oldest a freshman won 3 awards including going up in rank in ROTC and got to move up to 6th chair in band. They both are on the honor roll.My guys are great! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)