Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

I have been noticing over the years how swimsuits for tweens and teens have gotten skimpier and skimpier. We just got back from the water park this past weekend and I was shocked to see what these kids were wearing. To all Moms, please inspect bikini bottoms on your girls. They are not supposed to ride up in the front that way and make they are not to big where when she sits, her junk is showing. There are way too many pervs out there looking for this kind of stuff.

Lauren

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Replies (31-33):
Mom2jngnc
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting wakymom:

I'm already having trouble finding one-piece suits for my dd, and she's only 6! 

I get all my kids (including my 6 year old twins) a 2 piece but a tankini 2 piece.

A tankini is what I did for my niece in past years; especially when she was newly potty trained. This year I had a couple of passed on one pieces that she is using.

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

lilpep100
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I bought a bunch of Speedo suits last year, I couldn't figure out why they would be so inexpensive at some stores, but $60 at other places! Well, previous years a wouldn't notice, but when the kids swim 250 days out of the year, you learn real quick why one costs more. I thought all speedos ,were made the same. If you go to a swim shop the first week in July, you can get a sweet deal! Summer leagues are done,.so you can buy their race suits. My 12 yr old had worn one if her suits 200+ times, and it's still holding shape!
they make the high quality 2 piece also, got one for the little one (easier for her to go potty) she lost the bottoms. My kids have gone through or lost 5+ suits each since last June.

Quoting MB13:

I only bought Speedo for my daughter.  They are well made, lined, not see through in water, and stay in place covering your bottom.  They have the one piece racing suits, but also some very cute tankinis.  My daughter wore both styles.

Quoting lilpep100:

We buy ours at the southwest swim shops. They are high quality for everyday use and racing... They don't lose form. You can get clearance ones for $20 or so. They are normally $60. They are different from Speedo you see at sams or something. My kids do year round swim... I've bought enough to know! You can buy grab bag ones, or find a specialty swim shop. Summer league ends in a week or so, those suits will be clearances!
DD is 12 wears a juniors 3-5, so suit size is 32.
DD2 is 6, wears a 6-7 and is in a 24. They have different sizing. You want it tight, able to put 2 fingers in the shoulder straps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MB13
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I actually purchased several from Sams, Kohls, and I don't remember where else, so I was probably getting the lower quality ones for about $20. But for our use, I was still very happy with the quality.  They were all lined, fit well, stayed in place and kept their shape well. She had one that she wore from her racing team that was more expensive, but for everyday use, the others seemed to be good enough for regular use, and still much better quality than other brands from Walmart or Target.

Quoting lilpep100

I bought a bunch of Speedo suits last year, I couldn't figure out why they would be so inexpensive at some stores, but $60 at other places! Well, previous years a wouldn't notice, but when the kids swim 250 days out of the year, you learn real quick why one costs more. I thought all speedos ,were made the same. If you go to a swim shop the first week in July, you can get a sweet deal! Summer leagues are done,.so you can buy their race suits. My 12 yr old had worn one if her suits 200+ times, and it's still holding shape!
they make the high quality 2 piece also, got one for the little one (easier for her to go potty) she lost the bottoms. My kids have gone through or lost 5+ suits each since last June.

Quoting MB13:

I only bought Speedo for my daughter.  They are well made, lined, not see through in water, and stay in place covering your bottom.  They have the one piece racing suits, but also some very cute tankinis.  My daughter wore both styles.

Quoting lilpep100:

We buy ours at the southwest swim shops. They are high quality for everyday use and racing... They don't lose form. You can get clearance ones for $20 or so. They are normally $60. They are different from Speedo you see at sams or something. My kids do year round swim... I've bought enough to know! You can buy grab bag ones, or find a specialty swim shop. Summer league ends in a week or so, those suits will be clearances!
DD is 12 wears a juniors 3-5, so suit size is 32.
DD2 is 6, wears a 6-7 and is in a 24. They have different sizing. You want it tight, able to put 2 fingers in the shoulder straps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN