Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

"Shorts are supposed to be short!"

Posted by   + Show Post

.....says my almost 13yr old daughter.
I have been to every store you can imagine and all the shorts are so unbelievably short!
Where are you guys buying shorts at for your daughters? I refuse to spend money on these itty bitty things that show her backside if she bends over!

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
styler7
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
I only wear jeans or capris also..I'd never be caught dead in those little shorts...lol

Quoting Barabell:

I hate the new shorts in style this season. Even my almost 13-year old son was commenting when they first appeared at Target, saying that they were way too short.

Fortunately, it's common to wear years year-round here. So I stick to jeans or capri pants, and I'm relieved that I have a son!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
We always check the second hand stores here also. No luck so far!

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Thankfully my 13-year-old DD hates those shorty shorts.  She prefers capris or basketball style shorts.  But they are hard to find.  We go to a lot of secondhand and consignment shops for clothes.  Not always easy to find there either, they always get snatched up right away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM
We didn't have luck at Justice either..and it's just too hot here for leggings.
ETA: Ohhh..legging shorts, I didn't think of that, I only thought of the long leggings.
Quoting 1andunintx:

We get longer ones from Justice. Also, if they're too short, you can put legging shorts underneath.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisaph2
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM
My daughter doesn't push for very short, but didn't want bermudas either. She likes athletic shorts, which seem to be easier to find in the mid-length. Also, we found some mid-length jean shorts in the jr dept at Target and girls at TJ Maxx.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM
My daughter is pretty modest but after all these shopping trips she's starting to give in and just wants whatever they have..lol

Quoting psych_mom:

Thankfully my DD is only 7 (well for just under 2 weeks) and likes skorts and leggings still. Plus she is very modest and won't wear super short shorts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Mine doesn't like the Bermudas either. If only I could sew I'd make my own the length we want..lol
I tried Target and TJMaxx today..left with nothing. Bummer :)

Quoting lisaph2:

My daughter doesn't push for very short, but didn't want bermudas either. She likes athletic shorts, which seem to be easier to find in the mid-length. Also, we found some mid-length jean shorts in the jr dept at Target and girls at TJ Maxx.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Capris only for me :)

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

I still can't find shorts that don't look skanky so good luck.lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM

If you are looking for you, I found some decent length shorts for women (I guess they would be misses size) at Target. They hit mid-thigh, so no butt cheeks showing or anything, lol.

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

I still can't find shorts that don't look skanky so good luck.lol

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Thankfully I have boys. So this is not an issue for me.

justkeeplaughin
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:43 AM
I found some longer shorts at Jc Penny. This is the second year I have noticed short getting shorter and shorter! I don't understand it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)