Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

who are these designers and buyers for tween girls

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM
  • 31 Replies
3 moms liked this

i have seen many post here about how wrong the styles are for these girls. short shorts, skimpy swimsuits, high heels  for a  8-12 year old . who decides that this is what the shoppers want in this age group? what happened to leting them be kids and not mini teenagers.

is it too much to ask for these companies and designers to realise that these young ladies do not need to grow up too soon. let them be kids.

• Christina catmom of two wonderful little ladies Fiona and Catriona
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodwoman614
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Perverts.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM
4 moms liked this

I would surely love to know. I would also love to create a stylish line of clothing for girls.

I tell ya, it's disgusting what they are selling for little girls. What's even more disgusting in my opinion is the parents buying such clothing for young girls. It does not look cute , it looks slutty.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:17 AM
5 moms liked this

I agree! They need to realize that not all moms want little street walkers walking around. Some of us enjoy having respectable daughters that care about themselves.

TwinSoccerMom
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

They wouldn't make them if people weren't buying them. Unfortunately there are enough people buying them to make it worth it for them to sell. I am just happy that my DD doesn't like the "skanky" styles as she calls them so I don't have to be the mean mom and say no.

jurnee14
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Perverts.

I was gonna say pedophiles. 

momof2ex1
by Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:58 AM
This is so frustrating for me. My dd 11 has been in dance (ballet and tap) since age 2. She so desperately wants to be on the competition team but there is no way!! These girls wear booty shorts (which is what they are called) the only cover the butt and front. They wear mid drift tops in the shape of bras. And so much make up. I can't do it.

Second, I can't find any cute clothes for dd I've considered being a designer but unfortunatley I'm such a prude I don't think anyone would buy my clothes lol they wouldnt show enough skin.

I have found literally the only place I can shop for dd is JC Penney. All these stores that say they are for my dd's age are in no way appropriate. She got a gift card to justice and I had a very hard time shopping there. The clothes are 'cute' but they show too much for her developing body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM
2 moms liked this
This is so true! I was taking pics at the school one day outside of the kids doing field day. (5th grade) it was hard to see my screen bc of the sun so I was just snapping. I got home and downloaded and one girl had such short shorts on and she was right in the picture. A butt cheek begging to come out. Isaid to myself outloud omg why does she dress this way!? Dd said 'because her mom dresses that way?' well duh! Of course!

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

They wouldn't make them if people weren't buying them. Unfortunately there are enough people buying them to make it worth it for them to sell. I am just happy that my DD doesn't like the "skanky" styles as she calls them so I don't have to be the mean mom and say no.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
viv212
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 3:10 AM

You know businesses, if it sells, they'll make it.  And people will buy it. 

Momchipomkids
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I found a sale at Aeropostale and bought jeans for 6.00 then cut them off and ironed plus stitch witched the rolled parts down.  That saved me the hassle since all the jean shorts were cut up to the butt cheeks most places I looked.   How canI also am on the hunt for the spandex shorts to go under the shorty shorts the kids do have.  thats my compromise since there's no cute shorts cut longer for sale.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM

It is not just the big girls, I have the same problem when shopping for my 6 yr old niece. Her mother dresses her like a hootchie on the weekends, and I tend to lean more "prudish."

Even finding "brief" cut underware for her was a PITA. I thought I was going to loose my mind!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)