Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Boys

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

About over a month ago a boy (K) introduced himself to our dd at church, he was nice and sweet-saw him couple of more weeks in a row then life got in the way and we missed 3 weeks. This weekend was the youth conference-well she saw him again and they with other teens hung out together. The boys's step brother was telling our dd that (K) liked her, which is fine with us and cute. They were talking and found out that k is 18 and our dd is 14. My question how many of you parents would this bother-them being friends and crushin g on each other, when they only see each other at church?

We personally have no issue on this.

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this
As long as they only remain friends and see each other at church with adult supervision, that's fine, but I wouldn't let it go any farther than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queencreekmom
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I think something is wrong with an 18 year old liking a 14 year old. I wouldnt think it was cute. It would bother me.
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I see no problem with it as long as it stays innocent and that they are supervised.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, how are you going to stop an 18 year old from liking a 14 year old? If she is developed as most 14 year olds are, he is probably going to find her attractive just like he would a 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, or 20 year old girl. Guys this age are not on the same maturity level as girls this age usually are and most of the time like girls that are at least a couple of years younger than them. My first husband was 4 years older than me- we liked each other when I was 16, but we couldn't date until I was 17, my mom's rules. A lot of grown men often like women that are several years to many years their junior. I am not agreeing that it is cute and I do believe that when a girl is this young that the parents need to make sure that the girl isn't alone with a boy of any age because a lot of boys (and girls for that matter) can't be trusted to be alone at this age because they usually think with their hormones and not their brains.

Quoting queencreekmom:

I think something is wrong with an 18 year old liking a 14 year old. I wouldnt think it was cute. It would bother me.

queencreekmom
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM
This same post is in the newcomers group. Very interesting replies...
momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Quoting queencreekmom:

This same post is in the newcomers group. Very interesting replies...

some are interesting-but believe yes it is how it is written, but people are just jumping on the age thing.

Barabell
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

As long as they only remain friends and see each other at church with adult supervision, that's fine, but I wouldn't let it go any farther than that.

I agree with this.

3lilpunk1ns
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't agree with it.  There is too much of an age/maturity difference between a 18 year old and a 14 year old. 

kmrtigger
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

I am also on this train of thought.

kmrtigger
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

How does YOUR daughter feel about this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN