Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

bra fitting

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 17 Replies

my girls are just starting to develope and i am not sure when is the right time to take them a get a bra fitting. what do you think?

• Christina catmom of two wonderful little ladies Fiona and Catriona
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

DD - age 10, has been wearing those little cami type bras for two years now - - with no fitting involved.  She is developed enough to need "something" but not so much as to require a cup size, etc.

abmaddox1981
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Same here. Next year though ........

Quoting auroragold:

DD - age 10, has been wearing those little cami type bras for two years now - - with no fitting involved.  She is developed enough to need "something" but not so much as to require a cup size, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I would start with a cami and move to a training bra. It may be a little while before they need more.

minimo77
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:02 PM

When they are just starting to develope, they dont need to be sized. Just get the sports bras or cami type ones.

chris13
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

THANKS LADIES!

bellasdesserts
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Once they are ready, when the breast develops, not just the areola, take them to a place like Aerie, in your local mall.  It is the American Eagle lingerie store.  They do fittings, and in store start at 32 A, but online you can get 32AA, which is where they start.  Bras are expensive, so keep them in the sports bras as long as possible!

Angeleyes006
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM

My girl wears the sports bra type. I will do bra shopping when she's more developed or when she feels she's ready but before 6th grade. I would do it when she's ready (if I were you) or before 6th grade

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:54 AM

I agree with the other Moms. I too started out with Cami's and sport bras. You will most definitely know when it's time for a bra.

When it was time for my DD, I took her to Penny's and had her measured. I think it's time to do that again.

ksbondgirl
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Justice For Girls has good starter bras and with thin padding that you can take out or leave in.  They also have camis.  What you can do is get on their mailing list and wait for the 40% off card.  They also have "fun bucks" where if you buy $50 worth or more of items, you get $25 bucks off.  There is always something for sale on the back rack and you can add the 40% off to the discount priced items as well.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM

She doesn't need it yet so i don't know.  I do know that I NEED to get a bra fitting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)