Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

S.E.X.

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM
  • 15 Replies

Are you prepared for the...mom I think I'm ready to have the big S?

Are you willing to provide your child with all the necessary precautions for it. Ex: Condoms, bc, classes (if possible) or whatever. 

It is now known the gonorrhea is incurable. What other STD's will soon be on the rise as incurable?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM

no.....i'm not ready.  haha.  She is turning 9 in July.  We have talked about the changes and why females go through the change (having a baby).  We have talked about going to college, finding a job, and doing everything else before having a baby.

Now...it doesn't mean she will do this BUT as she gets older, I will talk about those options (even though I don't really want to.  haha)

Angeleyes006
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I'm not ready but I know the time will be creeping up soon.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I'm not ready, none of my kids are even teens. I have had talks with my kids though and will continue to talk with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM
I will never be ready. Sigh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandi185
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

am i ready, no.  will i give my kids what they need whether it be condoms or advice, yes.  i have 2 boys.  

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting brandi185:

am i ready, no.  will i give my kids what they need whether it be condoms or advice, yes.  i have 2 boys.  

Same here, but I have 3 boys. And they know more than I did at their age. And they know where the condoms are IF they ever need/want them.

3lilpunk1ns
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Quoting kmrtigger:

Quoting brandi185:

Same here, but I have 3 boys. And they know more than I did at their age. And they know where the condoms are IF they ever need/want them.

This is me too. I have 2 boys and 1 girl.  My oldest just turned 12. We have talked some about it.  I answer questions as they come.  I allow him to watch Secret Life of an American Teenager and it has proved to be a great communication opener. (Which is why I allow him to watch it-and we watch it together).  But I will be willing to provide whatever they need to protect themselves and thier partner.  (I'm so not ready for this!)

STKsMomma
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Ready? No. Will I provide? Heck yes! I don't want no grandbabies for a long while. And I don't want my kids to have to go thru all the stuff that goes along with STDs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STARRYVONN
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not ready, but when the day arises then I will have a week long informational session about diseases and pregnacy (they'll probably change their minds after that)lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeleyes006
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

That's my plan. I even have some pics of STD's ready to roll. If those nasty pics don't change their minds then maybe nothing will so, I hoping they do.

Quoting STARRYVONN:

I'm not ready, but when the day arises then I will have a week long informational session about diseases and pregnacy (they'll probably change their minds after that)lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)