Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

they are driving me nuts

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM
  • 10 Replies

My kids are 12 , 15,13 and they drive me crazy by not listening or talking back , i try my best to give them everything but its not easy ....sad

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyLeigh
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:21 AM
I feel you there! I have four kids, 12, 9, 3 and 8 months. My two oldest don't listen to a word I say, always talk back (they think they have to have the last word on EVERYTHING), and constantly fight about everything! Everything I try just doesn't seem to work. I know I have to be more consistent but it so hard when I have the lil ones. You find something that works, let me know :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabeth703
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Mine also fight over everything , they also think they no everything ....

Quoting SassyLeigh:

I feel you there! I have four kids, 12, 9, 3 and 8 months. My two oldest don't listen to a word I say, always talk back (they think they have to have the last word on EVERYTHING), and constantly fight about everything! Everything I try just doesn't seem to work. I know I have to be more consistent but it so hard when I have the lil ones. You find something that works, let me know :)

SassyLeigh
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Oh mine do too! Even to the point that if I say we're out of something, they have to go look cause they know we have it!! When will they get it? WE know everything!!

Quoting elizabeth703:

Mine also fight over everything , they also think they no everything ....

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM

That was mine yesterday.... ages 17, 12, 9, 5 and 4.
Part of the problem here is that they are not happy that I am calling them out, ignoring the talking back by refusing to acknowledge them.
In the process I am also brushing up on my temperment books, my love language books (as the kids have all grown since the last time) and am reading "How to have a New Teenager by Friday".
I read the kid edition whihc helped with the younger 2.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I don't give mine everything because then they learn that when they act that way they get what they want.

STARRYVONN
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Me too. If they want something they do chores (I always have something that needs to be done around here). I've learned that if you ignore the talking back it'll continue and get worse, but if you correct it when it first comes out then they'll think twice before they open their mouth the wrong way again and just huff and puff.lol. they usually just want to get a reaction out of us if they feel their not getting enoug attention.

Quoting psych_mom:

I don't give mine everything because then they learn that when they act that way they get what they want.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Yup.  They have to earn what they want in most cases. 

Quoting psych_mom:

Barabell
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM

What are their consequences for not listening and talking back?

ladyvamp5489
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I know how you feel!  Its only been a week  of summer and im already ready for school!  LOL  My kids are special needs tho so it can be very bad when their acting out.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I am wondering this as well.

Quoting Barabell:

What are their consequences for not listening and talking back?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)