Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans
Do your tweens still use a booster?

Mine tweens just turned 9 (4'6"/ 56inches & 59lbs) and still use a hbb. Does anyone elses tween? If no, what age did they stop?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
1plustwinsmommy
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM
No. She's 5'1". She's taller (and heavier) than some adults.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

My youngest two are 11 and almost 10.  I took them out of booster seats last year.  They were both about 60 lbs at the time.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Ds2 is almost 8 1/2 and is still in booster. He's small for his age though, only a couple inches taller than his 6 1/2 y/o sister, so he'll be in a booster for quite a while yet.

emilyrosenj
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Same with me, my daughter came out at 8.

Quoting hotmommytutu:

I took both of my girls out of boosters on their 8th birthdays.

Margaret

TempestRayne
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:10 PM

My nine year old boy still uses a booster seat. my ten year old hasn't since she was eight. She is a well built girl, lol.

joshlor2
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
He got out when the seatbelt fit correctly. Then we changed cars and it didn't fit anymore, BUT that car had built in boosters so he just popped them up to ride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I need a car like that- but one in the front passenger seat. I can't ride in the passenger seat of my Camry if I want to see out the window, lol.

Quoting joshlor2:

He got out when the seatbelt fit correctly. Then we changed cars and it didn't fit anymore, BUT that car had built in boosters so he just popped them up to ride.

HannahBananas
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:06 PM

MY DD is 9 aswell and she is about 4"4 and weighs about 55lbs, the seatbelt doesnt quite fit her properly so she will probabley be in for another year or so

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

My dd is nearly 12 and still uses a backless booster. She doesn't like cars' BUCKET SEATS, so the booster prevents her butt from "sliding down in the pit" as she calls it.  DD also has sensory issues, so that's another reason. She's not all that embarassed.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My 8yo dd is in a hbb. (She was harnessed until last August, when she finally outgrew her MyRide.) She will be in one until I think she is ready for a lbb.

My 12yo dd was in a hbb from age 7-10, and a lbb from 10 until two months before her 12th birthday.

My 8yo niece (I have custody of) is also in a hbb; my 8yo "daughters" (really my bff's twins, but they call me Mom too) are in hbbs as well.

We are big on car seat safety in this (extended) family. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN