Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Gardasil shot for boys? Would you do it?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 29 Replies

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

yes and started the series this week for 11yr son.  My oldest did the series at age 9 and so will younger sister in a year.  Our dd even said with the history of all the type of cancer-which with my own research that anything that can help is good.  Also stated that even getting it know doesnt mean they are free to have sex-both oldest and middle went dont think so-we both (dr and I) said that we know they will have sex at some point in their lives.

our3
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I dont know enough about  the benfits or side effects to give a deffinite answer.  I'm will probubly lean towards no.

vermontmoms
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM
No way! There have been too many negative reactions and side effects. Plus there has been minimal reasearch done.

My sons have an egg, soy, dairy and wheat allergy, so they are not allowed to get vaxed. But even if they were able they would not get this one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJFBGMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:23 AM

Nope, my girls won't be either. The vax has been banned in a number of other countries, what do they know that the US is ignoring?

CampClan
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I did for my oldest when he was 15. I spoke with my obgyn & she said if I know for a fact that my DDs are not sexually active then I can wait until they are 15 to get it. But if I think for a minute they might be then to get it before. She also said that 15 is a good age to have them come in & talk to her. If she hears they are sexually active then she will start seeing them yearly. If not then she won't need to see them til they become or until they turn 18.

From my understanding Gardisill helps prevent certain tyoes of cervical cancers which are caused from sexual activity.

Shell89
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. In fact when I brought my youngest in for his yearly physical I pratically had to yell at the nurse because she wouldn't take no for an answer. My oldest has his appointment in a couple weeks. and it will be a no for him too.

fineyouguyswin
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Most likely yes we will. Every single person in my family has died of one kind of cancer or another. My mother has battle cervical cancer twice. For us this is something with more benefits then risks.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM

We were just at the ped yesterday and I didn't permit my 11 year old son to get the vax.  I quickly read the information sheet on it and was slightly surprised at how they put a spin on the fact that the vaccine is newer and not well tested long term and was surprised that they down played the side effects as well.

I didn't have anyone try to change my decision on not to get the vax.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Nope, my pediatrician didn't even offer it when I took my 11 year old son in for his yearly well child check. None of my children will be getting them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandi185
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

i think i'd wait to see more research.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)