Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Ideas please...I really don't know what to do (edit)

Posted by   + Show Post
My son will be thirteen at the end of this month We are in a serious money crunch because I'm not cleared to work yet and we already can't make ends meet ( my father is keeping the house note current until I get disabilty or moving on the lawsuit or something. Now ya'll know the gifts get more expensive as those boys get older....games, robotic lego sets, even gift cards, I mean in order to get anything he'll have to have a 50 dollar certificate. He knows our situation. He's requested a very expensive item telling me that we wouldn't have to"get me anything else" This item is a three hundred dollar robotic lego set. Umm....so DH and I have been going round and round about two small sets or a game and an IOU for the robot if things get better? He's a great kid. He'll hide his disappointment, but still.....what is your take on this?
If you were in our position, how would you handle this? (Might I add that his lil bro will have his second birthday in August.....My father has bought him the tricycle I wanted to get him. His presents aren't as expensive so he would have a few from us....I so don't want my first born to feel slighted :-(
ETA: I talked to him about it yesterday, he totally gets the money is insanely tight. We were getting food and wandered to toys and he brings me a bionicle set and said he'd be pretty happy with that (20 something) I told him we may be able to swing that but to make be a list so I have a better idea of affordable alternatives. He hugs me and says "I would never knowingly put more stress on you. I get to spend the whole summer with you for the first time ever and that's a huge gift all by itself!" So we're good. Smaller is better. Thanks for all the advice, mamas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Replies (31-32):
lilpep100
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM
It sounds like you have raised an awesome kid. Happy birthday to him! We've been in the same boat, I know how you feel. Makes me cry when my kids tell me they are happy with just spending time with family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Love the update. What a sweet kid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)