Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Is Your Favorite Patriotic Quote?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:53 AM
  • 4 Replies

7 Patriotic Quotes Perfect for Fourth of July

Posted by Jeanne Sager

girl with amerian flagAre you getting excited about the Fourth of July? It's the birthday of our nation, and you're probably pulling out the sparklers, scrubbing down the grill, and loading up the coolers, right? Me? I'm packing the tissues.

I'm going to need them to help get through that overwhelming feeling of pride that bubbles up inside of me at being an American. Yes, I know, it is corny! But every July 4th, without fail, I cry. All it takes is the first strains of "God Bless America," and I am a blubbering mess, but I'm a patriotic one!

And here are some of the patriotic quotes that seem to sum up July 4th for me this year.

They come from presidents, authors, and songwriters, and they're all about America. Feel free to steal them -- maybe you'll post them to Pinterest (check out The Stir's Fourth of July board for more ideas!). Maybe you'll pass them along to a fellow patriot. Or maybe you'll sit quietly with a pack of tissues and let yourself be swallowed up by the overwhelming feeling of being lucky to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave. Don't worry -- you won't be alone!

Which quote best sums up the America you love?

If it is not listed, what is your favorite patriotic quote?

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SuperLooneyMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM
The star spangled banner which is a poem by all means, is my favorite quote. The night most famously known for seceding from british rule said it for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:48 PM

You beat me to it. This is my fave too.

Quoting practutor:

elkmomma
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

The last one by Harry Truman.  I think we all need a reminder now and then that hard work can & does pay off.  We've become a nation of quick fixes: push a button, pop a pill, and so forth.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:44 AM

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

JPBIII 2/25/91

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)