Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

They dont know us very well....haha

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 10 Replies
Whenever we have a birthday party for the girls, it isn't just for the kids. We are inviting their families too. Well, one of the moms came with her daughter and I asked if she was staying. She looked at me like I was crazy and she said "I didn't know we could. It didn't say on the Evite." Well, my Evite was very simple so it didn't say either way. It's always that everyone is invited so I didn't think I needed to clarify. As soon as she said that, one of our mutual friends said "its always a party for everyone here." Haha.

So, she left and came back an hour later with her fiancee and they hung out with us.

I guess I should clarify next time...just in case.

I'm sure there will be a time that it will only be kids but we are so close with her friends' families that we just invite everyone.

How are your kids' birthdays? What do you do? Do you invite their families?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Usually it's just for the kids. Families rarely stay. 

auroragold
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I leave the option to the parents: drop or stay. There's always enough food and drink to go around and I'm usually friendly with the parents so......

My motto: the more people there are, the more fun there is!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Yup....thats been our philosophy as well.

Quoting auroragold:

I leave the option to the parents: drop or stay. There's always enough food and drink to go around and I'm usually friendly with the parents so......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM
It's always for families at my house too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Our parties are usually just for uests, but mostly because families just don't stay, lol. I wouldn't mind if they did.

JMKristy
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Quoting auroragold:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM

When we have our kids parties, it has always been big inclusive parties that everyone is welcome to attend. I of course invite the kids friends, but also our family friends, some of whom have age appropriate children and some of who don't. We also invite the parents of the friends to stay if they would like as well.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Quoting Reina13:

When we have our kids parties, it has always been big inclusive parties that everyone is welcome to attend. I of course invite the kids friends, but also our family friends, some of whom have age appropriate children and some of who don't. We also invite the parents of the friends to stay if they would like as well.

It really makes for a great party!!!

CampClan
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Well since my DSs just had a joint bday party (probably the last one too) I invited several friends of mine & the ex who have kids the same age as my kids plus I invited kids from the daycare whose parents I know I could stand (& didn't mind having in my home). We invited about 30 ppl (including family) & only 2 families (other than my parents & the ex MIL) showed. Still alot of ppl in my house though especially since I have 5 kids of my own! lol

fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM

We usually jsut do us and the kids. Even if we invited family they wouldn't show. Same with friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)