Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Birthday Gifts?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
Our DD will be turning 8 in August. I'm stumped on what to get her. It seems like we always get her the same thing. Ex: books, itunes cards, games for her dsi, clothes shoes...the same stuff. I've asked her what she'd like and she tells me she doesn't know. She loves reading, art, Justin Bieber, Big Time Rush and soccer. She's actually at a Big Time Rush concert right now with her bestie. I told DH that maybe we could get her JB tickets for his concert in Oct but DH said no. Not like I was expecting anything different from him.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Does she have a bike or anything that she can do outside? We got our dd a new bike for her 8th birthday last month and she loves it.

mamma2mygirls
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM
I've suggested a new bike to her before and she tells me no. She isn't ready to let go of her first bike lol. I think she'd really like a new one though.

Quoting psych_mom:

Does she have a bike or anything that she can do outside? We got our dd a new bike for her 8th birthday last month and she loves it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Maybe get her a new one so she can transition over. She will probably outgrow her first one soon and not be able to ride it, so this way she has a big, big girl bike on hand when the time comes.

Quoting mamma2mygirls:

I've suggested a new bike to her before and she tells me no. She isn't ready to let go of her first bike lol. I think she'd really like a new one though.

Quoting psych_mom:

friendlymom5
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:29 PM
When my 15 yo turned 8 we got her a ventriliquist doll, Danny Oday. She loved it and still has it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamma2mygirls
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM
What's funny is that she's already outgrown it but she's determined to still ride it. She looks silly but she loves it haha! I'll look into a bike and find one I think she'll like.

Quoting psych_mom:

Maybe get her a new one so she can transition over. She will probably outgrow her first one soon and not be able to ride it, so this way she has a big, big girl bike on hand when the time comes.

Quoting mamma2mygirls:

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamma2mygirls
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM
That's neat! My DD is terrified of dolls. No idea why. Her little sister has dolls and she tells her to keep them away from her and put them where she won't see them. If there's one in the toy box, she'll forget about getting a toy and close the box.

Quoting friendlymom5:

When my 15 yo turned 8 we got her a ventriliquist doll, Danny Oday. She loved it and still has it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not keep doing what you have been doing? I know is seems humdrum to you, but it obviously doesn't seem to bother her.

My hubby and I had this problem last christmas. The grls both wanted something that was for five and six year olds. He was not going to get these things for them because the girls were too old for it, according to him. Ipointed out that these were what the girls wanted, so it didn't matter if it bothered him. They weren't harmful in any way, and were what the girls wanted. They got them and loved them :)

Cindy18
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
How about a Beiber bedset? Or posters for her walls? A membership to Beiber or BTR fan clubs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Why not take her somewhere? My mom took my oldest horseback riding today as her gift. She will always remember that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the new bike idea. I like anything that get kids out :O)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)