Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Middle School - The Good & The Bad

Posted by   + Show Post

My DD will start 6th grade/middle school in less than 4 weeks.  From moms with experience - how good and bad is the first year of middle school?   I can remember my first day of jr high  - I met one of my best friends while we were waiting to be assigned to homeroom.   There was girl drama, but overall, I dont' remember it being that bad.  

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Replies (11-11):
lilpep100
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Oh girl, nothing gets past them now either. They catch on to sexual comments that used to be over their heads. Can't even say balls without a snicker... And we weren't even talking about that kind!

I wrecked my new car when she told me about the inappropriate-her word, conversation she heard from girls who were a year older... They were 12 when she was 11. They were talking about playing with their mom's special toy. I took the door off my car! The repair place was dying, they felt so bad they repaired it for free! I baked them a bunch of fresh brownies.

Quoting KenneMaw:

One of my friends has a daughter that just finished 7th grade and every day she woudl come home with a new sex or body question.  Yay - can't wait for that!!!  LOL!    It is funny when others are telling me about it, but i dont' think it will be so funny when it is happening to me.   Since i have a girl, I dont' think the DH will want to answer any of those questions.    It is a shame that kids can't hold onto their innocence for a bit longer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)