Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Field Day

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:09 AM
  • 12 Replies

Gearing up for our field day to celebrate the Olympic Games.  Have a group of 10 (or so) tweens participating in MY version of games.

Who needs the LONG JUMP when you have the Long SLIDE (courtesy of slip and slide of course)?!?!

Discus throw = frisbee in a hoop

Javelins = pool noodles of course

Some other creative ideas are rolling around my head for wet and wild fun.   Do YOU have any great (not your typical) games for field day?

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Back in 1984, my sister, some friends and I had a really cool summer olympics in our backyards.  I wish I could remember all of the crazy games that we had.  I know one was standing with our back to the swingset and we had to try to kick our flip flop off of our foot and over the crossbar of the swingset.  Considering the brains of 11-13 year old girls, I'm sure you could imagine how silly we were.

auroragold
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Which is perfect since the participants are...........10-13 year old kids! And mostly girls......

Quoting steelcrazy:

Back in 1984, my sister, some friends and I had a really cool summer olympics in our backyards.  I wish I could remember all of the crazy games that we had.  I know one was standing with our back to the swingset and we had to try to kick our flip flop off of our foot and over the crossbar of the swingset.  Considering the brains of 11-13 year old girls, I'm sure you could imagine how silly we were.

TempestRayne
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM

That sounds fun.

Barabell
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM

We haven't done a field day like that. It sounds like fun.

psych_mom
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun!

acrogodess
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I work for the YMCA and our daycamp will be doing a "decathalon" this week in the gym. Should be fun.

auroragold
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:43 AM

I have a "thing" about the Olympics I guess.

I did the first field day for DD and her friends in 2008. I have great pictures of our Olympic Village and a torch ceremony and a medal round.

I did INDOOR Olympics for the winter games in 2010 with our homeschool group. Now THAT was a true challenge but a ton of fun.  We also did a spin off on that and had a Geography Fair.

I've got a list of creative games - the kids are making flags to bring and a food to represent the country they've chosen. Bound to be fun!

fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I have none but thats cool :O) I wish we had something like that.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I have participated in a couple of beer Olympics. Does that count?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM
For YOUR field day....instead of a relay race, do a 3-legged race
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN