Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

I am new here

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

My name is Jodi i am 27 I have a DD that is 9 just looking for moms to chat with since i don't have any friends with kids DD age. and she don't keep friends long when there in her class at school.. so i have no one to talk to about things i go through.

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Hi.  Welcome to the group.

How come she doesn't keep her friends for very long?

Barabell
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Welcome to the group!

psych_mom
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Hi Jodi. Welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreaminbig85
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:35 PM

DD was adopted from foster care. she has ADHD, ODD Conduct disorder, and some other issues. she doesn't keep friends because she still their things. Snacks pencils crayons markers, hair bows books.. she has done this since Kindergarden. the teachers never do anything to her. and want me to do all the displan and i think they should displan her at shcool since that is where she was when she does these thing. She hasn't goten an invite to a b-day party since 1st grade.  and every time i go to the school some little kids is telling me your little girl is mean.. i really hate sending her to school. the only friends she does talk about is ones that are 2 years younger than her.. 

Greenjenniebean
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 6:39 PM
My daughter is the same way. She is getting better as she gets older. Going into fifth grade she has less sticky fingers. Our school is very harsh when she is caught. Hold into hope it will get better.

Quoting dreaminbig85:

DD was adopted from foster care. she has ADHD, ODD Conduct disorder, and some other issues. she doesn't keep friends because she still their things. Snacks pencils crayons markers, hair bows books.. she has done this since Kindergarden. the teachers never do anything to her. and want me to do all the displan and i think they should displan her at shcool since that is where she was when she does these thing. She hasn't goten an invite to a b-day party since 1st grade.  and every time i go to the school some little kids is telling me your little girl is mean.. i really hate sending her to school. the only friends she does talk about is ones that are 2 years younger than her.. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STKsMomma
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Hi Jodi and welcome to the the group!

dreaminbig85
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Thanks for the hope. when it comes to snacks i have tryed to buy her what ever she wants so that she doesn't take others but she just eats it before snack and then takes someone elses..  I feel bad for her that she doesn't have any friends her age..

dreaminbig85
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM

thanks everyone for the warm welcome

ladysharon72
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Welcome to the group Jodi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Have you tried putting her in activities outside of school? Maybe if you're there and it's a more controlled setting, she will do better and can make some friends.

Quoting dreaminbig85:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)