Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Middle School Principal Arrested For Soliciting A Minor

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

Middle School Principal Charged With 'Sexting' & Luring Teen Victims on the Internet (VIDEO)

Posted by Jacqueline Burt

scott blakeWhy is it that pedophiles are so often found in professions involving continued access to kids? Okay, the answer to that question might seem really obvious, but seriously: Priests, coaches, counselors ... middle school principals. Like 47-year-old Scott Blake, principal of Polo Park Middle School in Palm Springs, who was arrested on charges of using the Internet to "lure a 15-year-old boy to have sex with him at a hotel." Except, whoops! That 15-year-old boy turned out to be an undercover cop

Hey, here's a question: Do pedophiles not watch TV? Have they never heard of To Catch a Predator? Seems like most of these guys haven't figured out this online chat room booby trap thing. (Although Blake kind of did, but more on that later.)

Anyway, Blake's online correspondence with the undercover cop soon turned into text messages, allegedly. (SEXTING!) And that's when things got really gross.

Here's what Blake allegedly wrote to the cop:

"I need a boy to cuddle with and take a nap this afternoon."

The cop responded, saying Blake sounded "gentle," to which Blake allegedly replied:

"I am. But can be aggressive around a naked boy. Lol ... I am a daddy -- I don't scare I love my boys. Lol."

Blech. After more texts revealing Blake's apparent foot fetish (trust me, you don't wanna know), the two made a plan to meet. But Blake, displaying some vague knowledge of sexual predator set-ups, made a suggestion. Says the officer, "Scott suggested that he drive by me on the street to know that I was really a kid."

Um, foolproof plan, dude. Except not really, because when Blake drove by the appointed spot, another officer was waiting to pull him over for a "traffic stop." He was then taken into custody. Bond was set at $500,000 this morning; Blake is also under house arrest and has been ordered to have no contact with minors.

Time to get a new job, buddy. Oh wait, you're probably going to jail! Never mind.

Does it freak you out that so many "authority" figures end up being pedophiles?

VIDEO HERE

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
emilyrosenj
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:53 AM

It's very freaky!

psych_mom
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM
No, it doesn't freak me out, it just makes me more vigilant. I've been aware of this almost my entire life. The thing is there are a lot of sexual predators that are your everyday people as well, that are never around kids on their days to day lives with jobs and such. Those are the not so obvious scary ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:49 AM

My husband and I were just talking about this. :/ yes we worry greatly there are so many shady people this days! We are trying to get out of modern america and move out to living off the land.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN