Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

DS knows everything

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I'm new to this group and had a question. DS is 10 and starting middle school so, every time he asks a question or I tell him something his reply is "I know".  It's driving me crazy!  Is anyone else having this problem? I'm sure it's a normal thing, right?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Unfortunately it is completely annoying and totally normal.  I typically choose to ignore it unless it is said with an attitude and then I just give him my 'are you really talking to me in that tone of voice' look.

fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM

lol totally normal mine does it all the time! He seems to actually know it all though which is more annoying.lol

psych_mom
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I have a 9 year old that is a know it all. If he is right I let him get away with it, if not I correct him and if he doesn't believe me I have him look it up. That humbles him for a little while. Your son will learn that other kids don't really like know it alls.

Roo1234
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I've have told my kids know that while they might "know" it is my job to remind them until they prove to me that they can act as if they "know".  I'm never snarky about it, but those gentle reminders are what keep them in aware that I have high expectations.

scubamommy2001
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Yep...normal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN