Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

August Random Thoughts

Posted by   + Show Post
You ladies know what to do, so post away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Working today. Blah.

Barabell

I've enjoyed my break from working the past few days!

Barabell

But I've been away from the computer so much and have had little CM time. I've missed you ladies!!

psych_mom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM
It's not cheap when the bulk of it has to be paid out at the same time we have to get stuff for back to school for 3 kids. My frustration is the fact that that we paid an equipment rental fee but it doesn't really cover anything and they didn't tell us this upfront. Everything he's went to practice we've been told we need to get something else for him. Just give us a list ahead of time so we know.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting psych_mom:

There was a $35 sign up fee, $45 jersey fee, $65 equipment fee, had to buy cleats, have to buy pants, have to buy black socks, have to buy a mouthpiece and a cup... I don't mind the cleats, mouth piece, cup and socks but why charge so much for equipment when everything else isn't included. I could have bought him shoulder pads that he could have used for a few years for $50. Okay, vent over.

That all sounds cheap to me. I honestly wish my son's sport was that cheap. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Had a great light saber battle with my 9 year old this afternoon, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:58 PM

It is extremely cheap compared to what we pay. We have to pay the first association fee right after school starts too.

I wonder if the equipment rental fee covers the equipment used during practices and such, and not personal equipment?

Quoting psych_mom:

It's not cheap when the bulk of it has to be paid out at the same time we have to get stuff for back to school for 3 kids. My frustration is the fact that that we paid an equipment rental fee but it doesn't really cover anything and they didn't tell us this upfront. Everything he's went to practice we've been told we need to get something else for him. Just give us a list ahead of time so we know.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting psych_mom:

There was a $35 sign up fee, $45 jersey fee, $65 equipment fee, had to buy cleats, have to buy pants, have to buy black socks, have to buy a mouthpiece and a cup... I don't mind the cleats, mouth piece, cup and socks but why charge so much for equipment when everything else isn't included. I could have bought him shoulder pads that he could have used for a few years for $50. Okay, vent over.

psych_mom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 4:15 PM
It covers shoulder pads and helmet use for just one year. I could have bought shoulder pads that he could have used for several years cheaper. A helmet would have been a little more, but again it would have lasted 2 years. This isn't even football for middle or high school. I know that it will get more expensive and I don't mind paying because he wants to play, I just hate how they aren't up front about anything. I'm sure he's going to need more than one pair of pants with 3 practices and a game every week and possibly another pair of cleats if he hits a growth spurt. If the fee doesn't cover all pads and equipment they need to tell parents not wait until practice state and then tell parents.

Quoting Barabell:

It is extremely cheap compared to what we pay. We have to pay the first association fee right after school starts too.

I wonder if the equipment rental fee covers the equipment used during practices and such, and not personal equipment?

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I agree.

Quoting psych_mom:

I guess for some men, they just never know until they try it:)

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting psych_mom:

For a man that didn't want to be a dad he's great at it. He has changed so much in the past 5 years but in good ways. The kids really look up to him and love him.

It was the same way for my husband. He said he wasn't ready to be a Dad and he's awesome at it :)

psych_mom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Just got a text with more equipment that I need to buy for my son and football. A list people, that's all I ask for is just a list.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kallibrooke
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM

School starts in 2 weeks. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)