Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Personal question:tmi about me

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok a new thing for me and need some input, words of experience etc...

In the last year or so my monthly mense has different bodily pms and post pms symptoms. And it seems to vary per month more lately. The newest and most irritating change has been itching in the breasts. To the point of scratching really bad and wanting to be rid of them. Of course my whole body is itching and I'm ready to take benedryl.
I guess I'm asking if anyone has had itchy breasts or knows if it's just a mense pms thing. Either way I don't know how much more I can take. I have had hives earlier this yr when I had a cold. But not sure if that is still a continuing allergy.... Help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MidnightSun327
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:45 AM

It could be an allergy that is triggered by the hormonal change during your cycle. Has the itching just started recently, llike in June and July? If so, it could also be prickly heat or a heat irritation?
If it is mainly your breasts, you might want to try hand washing your bras, since if it is an allergy, hand washing them could get rid f it since it would eliminate any reaction from the laundry soap. Have you recently had your bra size checked? Most big stores like Victoria Secret or JC Penny will measure you for free (you just probably have to endure the sales pitch for a new bra, lol). As we get older, sometimes, our bra size changes and we don't realize it. I was buying C cups for years, went to get myself measured, and I find out I am a small DDD or E. No wonder i was having issues, lol.
But if it is only around your cycle, it sounds like it could be something reacting with your hormones. Good luck and hope it gets better for you!

auroragold
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:36 AM

tenderness - yes, itching - no

question: do they tend to feel "swollen" during your cycle? Sometimes the stretching of skin and subsequent "release" from swelling may make you feel itchy.

Have you tried a topical cream rather than something systemic if it's only the breasts?

psych_mom
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Only time I had this happen was during pregnancy. But what Rora said does make sense.
The all over itching that you are experiencing could be a skin allergy to pollen. I get like that at certain times of the year. It could also have something to do with liver function. The allover itching is something you should see your doctor about if it continues just to get to the bottom of and find out what the allergen is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I've never had that side effect of PMS. Just very tender breasts.

Do you think it's an allergy to something you are possibly wearing or using to wash clothes? It's also been a hot and sticky summer.

elkmomma
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Mine itch too durring my cycle.  But if its an all over itch and you've had hives I'd go see the Doc. just to be safe.

SuperLooneyMom
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I took some benedryl to help relax me because I realized it wasn't just my breasts but everywhere. So I'm going to take zyrtec thru the day and benedryl at night if acts up.

Yeh my top does swell and get sore then deflate back to pancakes during that time. But the itching was just starting up in the last two weeks.

And I am wondering also if the itching is a new tic since my hea shaking tic has gone away. Hmmmm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Hmmm, I've never heard of itchy breasts before during that time. I would ask a doctor about that. Itching could be the sign of something else, and it's just aggravated during your cycle. My mom has a blood condition, and that causes her to be itchy. But that's not in one spot. Her blood condition didn't happen until after menopause.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)