Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter got in the middle for no reason

Posted by   + Show Post
Two girls (A and B) that were on my softball team that I coached became fast friends....even bffs. well, for the summer, one mom (A) helped the other parents out by watching.her daughter (B) for the summer while they worked. She is very nice and her daughter (A) is such a sweetheart.....wont hurt a fly.

Well, with so much time spent together, I think they are getting on each other's nerves. Well, my daughter is set to spend the night at B's house (she has already spent the night at A's house this summer. My daughter's named somehow got in the middle.of their spat. B told her mom that A said her and Anny were calling B names when she spent the night so B's mom contacted me about it. I was shocked because I don't think my daughter would do that....I'm not foolish to know that she could have been influenced or had a lapse of judgement....so I talked to her. She looked confused. B's mom said she talked.to the other mom. I talked to A's mom too and it sounds like B made it up because she was mad at A and wanted to get A in trouble and used the time my daughter spent the night at A's house....which was like a month ago.

It has since been resolved but I hesitated sending my my daughter there but it sounds like her behavior is stemmed from her bio mom...I guess she is a bit erratic and doesn't treat B well. B's dad ans stepmom finally got full custody.

I think that when B feels betrayed, she doesn't know how to handle it well so she lies. B is also territorial so having more than A as a friend is a big deal. I decided to let my daughter go tonight in hopes that she realizes that friends don't have to be territorial. I think my daughter can be helpful to B because my daughter doesn't lime talking bad about people and maybe B can see that talking bad about people isn't cool.

It's a risk but I think she can handle it well but if something goes wrong.....we are cutting ties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Replies (11-11):
Momchipomkids
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
I have heard that a few times here! We cut ties after the 1st problem arrives b/c we went thru it a couple times with different girls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)