Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok my dd is almost 12 and is breaking out like crazy! I am going nuts! She does clean her face morning and night and keeps her hair pined back when at home. Can a cleaner just not work for some kids? I never had it this bad. What do you recommend? We use clean and clear wash, toner and moisturizer. Thanks for any tips! I want to nip it before school starts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Replies (21-27):
styler7
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Neutrogena face bar and body wash works great with my son. Proactiv didn't work for him, but I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
our3
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I have very greesy skin and as a tween had horrible breakouts I use Clearasil pads twice a day to keep it under control.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Ds1 uses 2 diff. prescription creams prescribed by his pediatrician. One clears up the spots, and the other's an anitbacterial. He uses one in the a.m. and the other before bed. He still breaks out, but as long as he remembers to use the creams, it's not as bad.

minimo77
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Cetaphil ( I think thats what its called?) I have heard the ph is good for skin, there fore it works well? Also, make sure when she washes she isnt being to hard/scrubbing to hard, it will cause little tears and make it worse. For an instant toner-cold water after cleansing. It will close the pores.

Also, less proc Fess sugars/foods, more veggies. The more colorfull the better, skin is greatly improved by eatting right. Also grape seed extract is great for skin(taken like a vitamin)

momof6nokc
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I have a DD12.5 who also was going through this.  She would get a dozen or so small pimples across her nose and forehead and it really bothered her.  She was good about keeping her hair off her face and washing her face 1-2X per day with Cetaphil.  She also had Clearasil pads and Clearasil spot treatment.  Still no relief.

So I took her to the Clinique counter for advice before going to the dermatologist, which was our next step.  The Clinique employee was amazing and they actually have an Ipad with a special survey of about 25 questions to answer---does your face feel tight after you wash it, do you spend a lot of time outdoors, where are your breakouts the worst, etc.

After answering all the questions the Ipod tells you exactly what Clinique products you need.  It turns out my DD has combination skin---oily in the T Zone and dry on the cheeks so we bought the recommended products and within a week her face was clear.  I was AMAZED.

It's very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage.  Or, as I like to call it:  'marriage'.  You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch.  I parked my car, I didn't gay park it." 

~Liz Feldman~

nebcutie
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I think we will check that out and see what they say. Thank you!

Quoting momof6nokc:

I have a DD12.5 who also was going through this.  She would get a dozen or so small pimples across her nose and forehead and it really bothered her.  She was good about keeping her hair off her face and washing her face 1-2X per day with Cetaphil.  She also had Clearasil pads and Clearasil spot treatment.  Still no relief.

So I took her to the Clinique counter for advice before going to the dermatologist, which was our next step.  The Clinique employee was amazing and they actually have an Ipad with a special survey of about 25 questions to answer---does your face feel tight after you wash it, do you spend a lot of time outdoors, where are your breakouts the worst, etc.

After answering all the questions the Ipod tells you exactly what Clinique products you need.  It turns out my DD has combination skin---oily in the T Zone and dry on the cheeks so we bought the recommended products and within a week her face was clear.  I was AMAZED.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I always just washed with soap and then used witch hazel to wipe my skin down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)